Old Okc Restaurants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it extremely insulting when a vegetable is advertised as gluten free. It is just plain stupid.
It is just like "unsweet tea" instead of "tea".
The problem with tea in Oklahoma is that it's usually a pound of sugary syrup with a brown tint to it. I asked for tea once at a Sonic and almost got diabetes when they handed me the cup. Won't make that mistake again.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rib Crib is hard to best in my opinion, and i know just about everything, I have been told! Or it could have been, I THINK I know everything?
On a serious note, after eating there once, I wonder how places like that one and Johnnies stay in business like they do. Like the Italian place in Midwest city that's now the black bear diner. I never saw a car in the parking lot for years. Always thought it was a front for something.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr. Spriggs barbecue when the old man ran it, MWC on AirDepot. 911 sauce was hot, I loved asking people I took there if they liked hot sauce, and telling them about the 911 sauce, then watching them start sweating 😅
My dad used to work with him when he was on the MWCFD. We ate there a LOT until his sister (I believe) took over. His sister ran Mr. T's on 23rd/Post across from Spencer's as well. Once he sold, it felt like she purposely ran Spriggs down to make Mr. T's (which was also good but much more expensive) look better.

He smoked some venison for us one time that was the best venison (including chicken fried which is saying a lot for me) I have ever had. The 911 sauce would eat through the Styrofoam container if you left it in the fridge more than a day or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom