Old Okc Restaurants...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Thai R is “I think” Sala Thai = supposed to be excellent. Yeah the Roy’s kinda bit the dust… sadly
Yep, that's the one. Been there many times and its very good. Used to have "RR" logos scattered though the decor, but they've pretty much all disappeared as the place has been updated through the years.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know the old Hickory House was owned by the Bayless family. Son Rick is now an internationally chef, author and Tv personality with his show Mexico One plate at a time. Along with his brother Skip who is a famous ESPN announcer.
Is this the same family that owned the Hickory House Restaurant, in Sapulpa? It was closed recent;ly after being in business for decades.

Nilbog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
MANY YEARS AGO 👍 - Still remember their Bloody Mary’s with shrimp = not a BM fan.. but they STILL stick out in my mind. Great setting for a restaurant. And I remember it as Joe Kelly’s.. or at least Kelly’s 🤷‍♂️
Joe Kelly's was great. I think it was just east of Broadway Extension. The fried shrimp was great.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Han's Bar B Que was the hickory pit on 10th west of Glen's. Wonderful food
Han's BBQ was the one I have been trying to think of. For some reason I thought it was down on SW59th. I loved Han's Bar B Que sauce and their giant baked potatoes.

Sheriffgirl

Marksman
Reaction score
Is this the same family that owned the Hickory House Restaurant, in Sapulpa? It was closed recent;ly after being in business for decades.
I don’t think so because the dad died when the boys were in high school or just before. (1965 ish years) And the restaurant closed years ago 1986. Rick also owns Frontera Grill and about 6 other restaurants, he's a James Beard winner and winner of Top Chef Masters

Sheriffgirl

Marksman
Reaction score
How about JB Nimbles ice cream where nw expressway intersected with N W 63rd. They had a menu item called the kitchen sink and it came in a serving dish mounted on plumbing pipe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom