Old Trail Cams

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an old Primos Truthcam 35 tht has been sitting on the shelf since it gave up a few years ago. Is it worth keeping for parts, projects, maybe use as a decoy camera? My wife keeps asking what Im going to do with it, but I just cant bring mysefl to throw it away.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Is that one of the old 35mm cams? I remember those days, had to go to Moto-photo and wait an hour to see what was on it. The decoy cam is a good idea though.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol, no it's not 35mm, it is old though. I don't have any problems with tresspassers at the lease really, so far. I did catch one guy on camera, but it ended up being the neighbor and it was resolved with no problems.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're into electronics, it might have a few goodies that still work (motion sensor, etc.).

If it's old enough to have the larger thru-hole components (much easier to work with), there are probably good transistors, caps & resistors if nothing else. The tiny SMD stuff isn't usually worth salvaging IMO.

It's highest value might be as a dummy camera though. Just one thief or vandal thwarted would be worth the effort. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom