Old Zippo Lighters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost my Marlboro Zippo years ago, but I have always been fascinated by lighters of all brands. Ever been to the lighter museum in Guthrie? I don’t even know if it’s still there.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned a few here and there. Never carried one, because I don't smoke. But I think it should be a law that all cigarettes and cigars be lit with a Zippo. I love the way they smell and the sounds they make. My dad always carried one.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a Zippo that was carried by a young Lt Airborne Ranger type in Nam. It had a hole in it. He said you always hear about lighters deflecting the bullets right? This one did, right into his thigh. He also had a RANGER tab that had another hole between the N and G.
Dad had Zippos then he quit and threw all of them away. I had a few and I quit and threw all of them away.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple promotional ones and one personally engraved that I carried in the military when overseas as a smoker. Don’t smoke anymore since the mid 70’s.
I’ll post a pic when I get home.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found one in my grandpa's dresser drawer commemorating the USS Boston. I posted it on craigslist and a man that served on the ship bought it off me. My grandpa didn't smoke so I have no idea why he had any zippo lighters. He also had a storm king lighter much like a zippo. I still have it.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nobody in my household smokes but I would like to keep a Zippo or two around to light candles such. Is it true they dry up and don't work if you leave them sit for a while?

Latest posts

Top Bottom