OMG! Martha Stewart's Epic Drunken Instagram Post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I saw this stupid "news" story about Martha Stewart's drunken comments concerning baby chickens pop up on some news feed this morning, and I thought to myself "Well, here we are in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic, the relatively newsworthy stuff about Sleepy Joe's search for a female Veep candidate to put on the yard signs and stuff, and other truly newsy types of things. Then some goofy editor decides that what drunk Martha mumbles about those little drumsticklets is of the same measure of importance? That her ramblings are actually something that matters? Really? Holy Cow, what kind of bullhooey is this? It just goes to show what some people think matters in this crazy world.

Drunk Martha? Don't care.
What she has to say? Still don't care.
Baby Chickens? If they are sammich sized, then dip 'em in flour or whatever and fry 'em up!

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In Martha Stewart's defense (yes I read the link posted by druryj), she claims that she had a couple of glasses of wine before that post.

MY THEORY:
She may have bought her wine glasses from the Dollar Store.
I was in that upscale retail establishment one day, looking at the fine glassware for sale.
It may have been a joke item but they had some YUUUUGE wine glasses.
I picked one up and there was a sticker on the bottom that said it was a 21 ounce glass.
Good grief Charlie Brown, that holds almost a full bottle of vino.*
A "couple of glasses" of wine might get you kind of crocked, then.

*If a liter is 33.8 fluid ounces and a standard bottle of wine is 750 milliliters (or 3/4 of a liter), then a bottle of wine holds 25.35 fluid ounces.
(The two kinds of measuring systems I have run into -- There is has sent a man to the moon, and there is has not sent a man to the moon.)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know, I saw this stupid "news" story about Martha Stewart's drunken comments concerning baby chickens pop up on some news feed this morning, and I thought to myself "Well, here we are in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic, the relatively newsworthy stuff about Sleepy Joe's search for a female Veep candidate to put on the yard signs and stuff, and other truly newsy types of things. Then some goofy editor decides that what drunk Martha mumbles about those little drumsticklets is of the same measure of importance? That her ramblings are actually something that matters? Really? Holy Cow, what kind of bullhooey is this? It just goes to show what some people think matters in this crazy world.

Drunk Martha? Don't care.
What she has to say? Still don't care.
Baby Chickens? If they are sammich sized, then dip 'em in flour or whatever and fry 'em up!
Ya gotta pluck those little chickkies before you fry em. :hey3: Kitchen tip of the day....

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya gotta pluck those little chickkies before you fry em. :hey3: Kitchen tip of the day....

Well yeah, but if they are real young, couldn't you just buzz the peach-fuzz off of 'em easier ? I guess there's really only one way to find out:

1. Get two baby chicks of equal size and age.
2. Dennis plucks one.
3. I use my Norelco and give the other one a real close buzz-cut.
4. One of you volunteers to dip 'em both in flour or whatever.
5. Another stalwart OSA member, (with both a substantial post count and good feedback)...fries the baby chicks to a golden brown.
6. A carefully selected panel of other OSA members (same criteria as above) participates in a blind taste test of fried baby chick, both plucked and buzzed.
7. The winner to be posted here and in the Food & Recipes section.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Her writing is more of a "under the influence" of Mezcal. CHEAP Mezcal ...that is!!!

Back in the 1980's through the early 1990's....all the way from the arm pit of Matamoros to Nuevo Laredo(and Boystown!!) to Tiajuana to Cabo....I recognize that writing and when I use to drink cheap Mezcal in various parts of Mexico as listed(not the good stuff and yes there is good Mezcal) I talk and write just like she did.

Cheap Mezcal.........trust me!!!

6164105017_13463b7fc5_b.jpg
Hey I have a bottle just like that in the liquor cabinet!. Think it's been in there about 40 years or so!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well yeah, but if they are real young, couldn't you just buzz the peach-fuzz off of 'em easier ? I guess there's really only one way to find out:

1. Get two baby chicks of equal size and age.
2. Dennis plucks one.
3. I use my Norelco and give the other one a real close buzz-cut.
4. One of you volunteers to dip 'em both in flour or whatever.
5. Another stalwart OSA member, (with both a substantial post count and good feedback)...fries the baby chicks to a golden brown.
6. A carefully selected panel of other OSA members (same criteria as above) participates in a blind taste test of fried baby chick, both plucked and buzzed.
7. The winner to be posted here and in the Food & Recipes section.

If dennis is doing one, it's going on the Traeger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom