On the 1911 hunt. Could use some info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My recent purchase of my C2 has me lusting for a 1911. I've been out of the 1911 game for awhile now and have some wants and must haves. Can you guys give me some feedback on what I am looking at or give better recommendations please?

Must Haves:
Fullsize
Bull barrel
45 ACP
Front Strap Checking
Optic Ready or Series 70. CHPWS cannot mill a slide with the safety plunger under the rear sight.
Steel Frame

Wants:
Abi safety
Square trigger guard
Rail
Full dust cover

I'm looking at the new Springfield Emissary, Springfield full rail Operator. I owned a Kimber KHX Custom and should have never sold it. I may consider another one as no milling will need to be done.

Edited to add. Budget is 1500 and under.

Thanks in advance OSA

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dan Wesson is the best "value" for what you're looking to spend. They are VERY well built and compete with 1911s that cost much more IMO. Les Baer if you want to spend a little more. :D

That being said, nothing wrong with Kimber or Springer by my experiences, or even the recent Colts. Only current production full dust cover 1911 I can think of is RIA? Decent for the money as well.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure where you're willing to compromise but I've had everything from SA to Nighthawks/Wilsons...

Best I had for the money was the SW1911SC round butt. I may be an outlier as I never hear others rave about them but the one I had was stellar for what it was.

I am out of my 1911 phase, though...closest I would ever go back to would be a 2011 frame STI

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Dan Wesson over most anything in the "under $2K" category.

However if you have to have a bull barrel, the Springfield TRP Operators used to have one. Haven't kept up with much of SA lately.
I’ve got a TRP Operator with a bull barrel in 45 ACP. Absolutely outstanding weapon that I will never part with. I would like to have one in 10mm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom