On the lookout for a 1903 Springfield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you guys happen to run across a nice, reasonably priced high number 1903 Springfield for sale locally, please give me a heads up. My brother is on the hunt for a MBAR match rifle.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. :)

If he ends up purchasing a Swiss carbine length rifle, he'll likely want a K31 so that he can install diopter sights (not for competition use). There's a good chance that he'd be interested in a 1911 long rifle though.

Last edited:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just posted a beautiful all original Remington 1903-A3 in the want ads, it is priced better than most all on gun broker and guns America, but I don't know what you think is reasonable.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks @KurtM .

Any chance that you can send additional photos of the rifle to me via pm? I'd like to see the serial (to compare the barrel date), proof P cartouche on the wrist, sub inspection cartouches in front of the magazine on the underside of the stock, and the shape of lower band retaining pin channel. Do I see the last four digits of the serial stamped on the right side of the butt (Greek return)?

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes can do tomorrow, no that is not the serial number on the back of the stock. This rifle has never been out of the U.S. that I know of. Yes I'll get you the serial number, but the last two will be taped over. Yes I will get you all the stamps in the stock, and yes they are all there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom