One Buck Limit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't it a one buck limit back in the 70's before they came out with the doe days. One week rifle season and doe day on the last day if you hadn't harvested a buck yet. No youth days back then you had to compete with the grown ups.

It was in the early 90s when I started deer hunting. One week of rifle, one buck only and no go on does until sunday when if you had not taken a buck you could use your buck tag on a doe. If you took a buck then wanted a doe then you needed to buy a doe tag for that last day.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was in the 70’s you had to put in for a draw to get a doe tag it was good all week (1 week) and you had to take it in a certain area mine was west of highway 75 and I can’t remember where the other boundary was shortly after that it went to the last day or maybe last weekend I can’t remember

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aside from the herd health thing I suppose I could see it drive down lease prices a bit. So I don’t see it being a bad thing in that way.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think taking more does would be more useful than going to one buck. The carrying capacity of land is different everywhere but generally I've seen a lot more does than bucks where i hunt. You do have to keep in mind that most bucks are nomadic after their first year, moving on to other areas. Does tend to stick around the area they were born, from the research I've seen.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really don’t see the big deal to lower it to one antlered. You can currently take up to six deer including 2 antlered in Oklahoma. If you can’t fill the freezer with only one buck and a few does it’s a problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom