One Buck Limit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So first they change duck season for the worse, then they take my best turkey hunting days away, now another buck. I am really starting to dislike this state more and more.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one buck proposal is from ranches that guide deer hunting and want more bigger bucks for clients. They show up to the meetings and sometimes get regulations changed in their favor. Nothing more Nothing less
Most outfitters that want trophy bucks already manage for it. They limit the number of hunters and have a restriction of some sorts.

On the other hand are outfitters that want longer gun seasons so they can sell more hunts. They whore out the deer herd for the benefit of their wallet.

Last edited:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So first they change duck season for the worse, then they take my best turkey hunting days away, now another buck. I am really starting to dislike this state more and more.
It isn't the state pushing to take away another buck.
It is a group of trophy hunters pushing for it.
The FB group that I know of trying to force it more so than anyone is ran by someone or multiple someones that are afraid to acknowledge who they are. They also censor anyone who presents facts contrary to what they post.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the end its all about money, its what drives the world. The big rich folks are going to set the rules us little folks have to follow and live by and theres not much we can do about it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

The change in duck season dates was perfect..................it's just that there hasn't been a winter since lol, bad timing. Snow line and frozen water is still just in ND and further north even lol.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn’t see a proposal to change the antlered deer limit. The rule change public comment period is still open I believe, guess I better review it again as I must of missed it the first time through.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of times I don’t shoot anything buck or doe because nothing was old enough in my opinion but there has been times when we were struggling a bit and I shot younger bucks I don’t recommend it but if you need it I don’t have a problem with it

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That in itself is the problem. You get way longer to hunt less pressured deer than most. Some do hunt the entire two weeks but most, like myself are limited to weekends. That works out to about 4 days of hunting if life doesn't get in the way. Include holiday antlerless and it's 8. Roughly 4 weeks less than you get on your private property. And not all public land is open to rifle hunting, so that limits options even further. Your situation isn't everyones so you can't really apply it equally.
I wish that was the case. I live 150 miles away. I’ll let bucks walk a lot still. I prefer a couple 80lb does in the fridge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom