One for the leather snobs...sorta.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once upon a time, I was a bit of a holster snob...kinda. I went down the rabbit hole of Milt Sparks, Matt Del Fatti and "Uncle" Lou Alessi, just to name a few. I was making a little more money then and I could afford it. Well, as I've gotten older, I don't make that kind of money anymore because I don't work the extra part time jobs that I used to. I still appreciate good leather, but nowadays, it's more of the "cookie cutter" mass produced type like Galco, Desantis, Bianchi and others.

My question this time is actually not about a gun holster. It's actually about a leather pocket organizer that I have my eye on. It's made by a company called Hitch and Timber. They make several different types of leather wallets, pocket slips, organizers, EDC gear, etc. The one I'm interested in is their Runt 2.0 organizer. It holds a small pocket knife, flashlight and pen. The sticker price is $48.

A company named Diodrio also makes one that is damn near identical to it, but it is only $14 on Amazon.

Can YOU tell them apart? Is the Hitch and Timber work 34 bucks more than the one from Amazon? :anyone:

1665634912731.png

1665634948054.png

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably not. I bet there will be much better QC and better materials, but this is just a fancy pocket protector, not some saddle bags you’re loading your life into for the trip to the California gold rush. I’m willing to bet you’ll get plenty of life out of the cheaper one. And if you don’t, or if you don’t like it, you’re only out of $14.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably not. I bet there will be much better QC and better materials, but this is just a fancy pocket protector, not some saddle bags you’re loading your life into for the trip to the California gold rush. I’m willing to bet you’ll get plenty of life out of the cheaper one. And if you don’t, or if you don’t like it, you’re only out of $14.

You're probably right.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the Hitch & Timber ones, but have not tried one myself.

Well, I've decided that American made is worth 30 more bucks to me, so I'm going with the Hitch and Timber over the chinese knockoff. Buy once, cry once.

Now if I could just get that Desantis holster sold. :grumble:

Latest posts

Top Bottom