One for the leather snobs...sorta.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I concur

Quality of the leather and American vs China made is the price difference.

While in Branson, I stumbled into a leather shop, mostly biker leathers and belts. Seen a display of wallets. $6.99
Looked good from afar, but on closer inspection, the leather was very thin and the stitching looked cheap. Found the tag, made in China.
Premium Leather shop was next door down. Gun belts, vests, hats, purses, belts and wallets. Visible difference in quality. Wallets were $34.
Shop owner said he had comments everyday about how they could get "the same" wallet, next door for $7. I said, tell them to hold and look closely at these and then go look at those.
He smiled and I bought a gun belt and holster. We talked guns for 30 minutes.

In Branson, check his shop out.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Think outside the box.
Many times i see old leather furniture tossed to the curb or old leather boots.
I take a knife to that leather and make things from it.
This item can be made for pennies.
Not hard to find a leather fork to punch holes and get some thread and sew it.

I made some pouches to hold my chain saw files the other day and believe it or not I sewed them with a tossed out vintage Kenmore sewing machine that I made work.

Of course I had to make legs for the table the machine was attached to but I had a cedar tree I cut down.
I know you guys are crafty and can bust one of these things out in no time.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I concur

Quality of the leather and American vs China made is the price difference.

While in Branson, I stumbled into a leather shop, mostly biker leathers and belts. Seen a display of wallets. $6.99
Looked good from afar, but on closer inspection, the leather was very thin and the stitching looked cheap. Found the tag, made in China.
Premium Leather shop was next door down. Gun belts, vests, hats, purses, belts and wallets. Visible difference in quality. Wallets were $34.
Shop owner said he had comments everyday about how they could get "the same" wallet, next door for $7. I said, tell them to hold and look closely at these and then go look at those.
He smiled and I bought a gun belt and holster. We talked guns for 30 minutes.

In Branson, check his shop out.

I absolutely L-O-V-E the smell of a leather shop. When Loopers was in business several years ago, I used to go in there just to get my fix. :w000t:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leather hole punch fork about $12 and big sewing needles about $1 each.
Then the heavy polyester thread about $5.

I did this stuff when I was 12.
I still have the same flat forked punch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom