One more try at posting targets Ada 4/23/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife wanted to go to a movie today so I let her off (ha!) at the theater and went to the Ada Rifle and gun range. Shooting Hornady Match 120 grain from my ruger american predator 6.5 creedmoor at 100 yards. Slight breeze with temp 60 degrees (perfect day)
Pic one is my baby, ready to rock. Shooting off of socks filled with rice (poor people got poor ways...what can I say).
Pic two is a shot from my shooting area to the target (it's the one waaay down there).
Pic three is my target. Center is the first 4 shots (high). Adjust 4 click down then shot 4 more (right bottom). Adjust 1 click up then 4 shots bottom left. Adjust 1 click up then 4 shots top right. Feels good so ended with 4 shots top left.
Felt really good about the results. Know I need to adjust trigger and work on my breathing.
Thought I'd try one more range post and see how it goes.
It was a good day and I had a good day. ADA 4 23 17 ruger 1.jpg ADA 4 23 17 ruger 2.JPG ADA 4 23 17 ruger 4.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
looks like a nice group, wish I could have gone shooting today.
It was a perfect day. Wife's movie was a 2 hour run time, I had the range to myself, weather was gorgeous (sunny 60 degrees), wind most calm and it felt good.
Shot a box then moved over to the outside pistol range and dumped some ammo working on my draw (I SUCK AT THAT)

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to stay at this distance (100 yards) and figure out what the best (off the shelf) ammo I need with this gun.
(Begging for suggestions. Please include grain)
Would like to see my hits at dead center inside a dime. That's what I want but the ammo and load will be critical as is getting my breathing down (and adjust trigger)
I just had a nice day and I grateful for it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky Dawg! I had to spend almost the whole day working in the yard planting flowers and digging up weeds under close supervision of the wife. Very close supervision; I might add.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be tricky trying to find what works for your gun using factory ammo. I wouldnt spend a whole lot of money on different ammo until I got my barrel broke in and clean but thats a whole redhead vs blond type thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom