One of you sent me a gift and I don't know who to thank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was hoping you would keep updating the bird feeder thread with what you are seeing.
I will and I think I'm going to enjoy doing it. Right now the double feeder in the back (great view from my recliner through the French doors) are swamped by red birds. Both the males and hens are getting so fat and the colors are so vibrant. I've got a shot at a nice camera but I'll need a friend handle what I need to get and how to use this type of media.
Don't care if anyone makes fun of me. I laugh at myself a load more than people laughing at me. As long as it's laughing, it's cool with me.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will and I think I'm going to enjoy doing it. Right now the double feeder in the back (great view from my recliner through the French doors) are swamped by red birds. Both the males and hens are getting so fat and the colors are so vibrant. I've got a shot at a nice camera but I'll need a friend handle what I need to get and how to use this type of media.
Don't care if anyone makes fun of me. I laugh at myself a load more than people laughing at me. As long as it's laughing, it's cool with me.
@TerryMiller is the camera man. Some point and shoot cameras are really pretty good these days. Cardinals really do look vibrant red in winter. The red color really contrasts nicely against a snow white background. (You may not get the snow down there where you live)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@TerryMiller is the camera man. Some point and shoot cameras are really pretty good these days. Cardinals really do look vibrant red in winter. The red color really contrasts nicely against a snow white background. (You may not get the snow down there where you live)

Oklahomabassin has one thing right there. One can still take good pictures with a "point-and-shoot" camera. They just might not be as good as a true SLR and "good" lenses. Many photographers will say that the lenses can be more important than the camera body. I've taken grief from some "photographers" by stating that I mostly set my cameras into an automatic mode and let it do all the camera settings.

One great thing about the newer digital cameras is that most, if not all of them, can have great ISO capability. (Think of the old film standard of ASA when thinking of ISO. They are basically about the same thing, only with digital on auto-ISO, the digital can alter the "film speed" between pictures instead of "between rolls of film."

Latest posts

Top Bottom