ONG customers and winter event cost recovery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dengland

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Always nice to see them being so kind to everyone that didn't use much gas like they asked during the event, only to be hit with an average payment back. $1800 to $3000ish for bad business decisions on their part totally seems fair.

Will they remember to remove it in 25 years or will the fee get renamed?

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always nice to see them being so kind to everyone that didn't use much gas like they asked during the event, only to be hit with an average payment back. $1800 to $3000ish for bad business decisions on their part totally seems fair.

Don't worry, I told Siri to set a reminder.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I think it sounds like they hired someone from OTA. "We will stop charging when the project is paid off."

Woodman 59

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So back when the discussion first started about the additional cost ONG paid for spot market NG during the major freeze of Feb. 2021 all kinds of numbers were being tossed around. How much and for how long. I thought the last figure I saw was something like $3-$4 p/m for the average consumer that the OCC approved. I was looking at my Jan. bill and there was a line item for winter event cost recovery and it was $10.03. What are the rest of you seeing?
$6.64 for ONG, OG&E so far 4.10-3.79-6.80-and the last one was10.28

sfwssdd

New to the site!
Reaction score
So looking at a 2022 bill, I was credited $10+ while being charged 10+ in 2023. WTF
“The Oklahoma Corporation Commission approved nearly $2.9 billion in customer-backed state-issued bonds for four electric and natural gas companies, with $2.7 billion accounting for the price of natural gas that spiked during a two-week span last year.
Oklahoma Natural Gas reported to the commission that it expects to pay $8.1 million, or about 0.6% of its total bond amount, in fees to the Council of Bond Oversight, the state agency tasked with approving all state financing requests.
The Oklahoman reviewed the standard fees from the Council of Bond Oversight and found they are typically .0001%, which should make ONG's fee about $140,500.
Officials with the Public Utility Division confirmed the error and said it would be fixed when the final amounts are audited after the bonds are issued.
In addition to auditing the final bond amounts, the Public Utility Division will perform regular audits throughout the life of the bonds, which will be 28 years in the case of OG&E, which was approved for $761 million in bonds.
OG&E's bonds will also include $21 million in “bond issuance costs” and “carrying costs,” according to its financing order with the state, which stipulates could change when the final bonds are issued.”

I am sure they will, yet for 2021, and their tragic loss that they need to bill the little folk for 28 years; “ OG&E's parent company booked a $737 million profit in 2021 while it also recorded debt from the winter storm. Of that profit, $360 million came from OG&E (the parent company's natural gas midstream operations made $385 million).”

Latest posts

Top Bottom