1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Online canadian pharmacies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by okietool, Mar 16, 2019 at 4:40 AM.

1. okietool

okietool Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    does anyone use these?
    Would you care to share your experiences or any tips?

Asking for a friend.

2. TheDoubleD

TheDoubleD Marksman

I can tell you from my former job as a Customs Inspector caution is advised.

First is the Company really based in Canada. A lot of online fraud with the companies actually in India, China and Mexico. The Purity of meds from those countries should be a concern.

Second is the formulation of the Canadian meds the same as the US. Potency can vary. Check with your doctor.

Third if a prescription is required in US, them meds may not be able to be imported and your meds can be seized at the border. you may even be fined for attempting import. You won't get your money back.

Do your research before dealing with any online pharmacy, even ones that say US, they may not really be domestic.

dennishoddy, tRidiot, RickN and 3 others like this.
  3. SlugSlinger

SlugSlinger Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Try Sams club. Call the pharmacy and ask for pricing based on the Plus membership. There are drugs my wife uses that are cheaper with the Plus membership than they are with insurance. Also try Gynscripts which is a local pharm store, Tulsa anyway.

https://www.genscripts.com/

4. cktad

cktad Sharpshooter

Look at the OTC drugs at most stores especially Sams/WalMart they are made in India. I've even gotten RX drugs from pharmacies that were made there.

dennishoddy likes this.
  5. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    But you do have to watch it because their quality control is not as strict as ours. That is one reason, along with labor cost for the price difference. There is a investigation going right now in India because of people dying from contaminated drugs produced in 5 factories there. Many more are hospitalized.

6. cktad

cktad Sharpshooter

I know as I saw the news article where some of the drugs were contaminated with cancer causing substances.

7. okietool

okietool Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm a Plus Member I checked Sam's. They are actually higher than Homeland.
    I can't find it on Genscripts.

8. okietool

okietool Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Is there anyway to know what prescription meds can be imported legally?

9. TerryMiller

TerryMiller Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you are dealing locally, look into GoodRX.com. They are an online source that when one puts in the name of the drug, the website gives one a list of nearby pharmacies and the prices using GoodRX "coupons." The coupons can be printed out, or one can do the transaction somehow using one's smart phone and the "coupon" be on one's phone to show the pharmacy clerk.

When the wife and I retired, she didn't have any insurance. A nurse/practitioner near Colorado Springs told us of GoodRX. With the wife's prescriptions, when we had insurance, her copay was $125 for 90 days for three prescriptions. With GoodRX, the same amount was about 1/2 price or less.

10. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I tell people about GoodRX every single day, show them on my phone how it works, and still get people complaining they can't figure it out. lol. Oh well...

And GenScripts in Tulsa can do more than the ones on their website, and their prices and stuff fluxuate frequently depending on what they get in from their various suppliers. You just have to call them and ask.