Online canadian pharmacies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys that are retired, also check into Medicare Part C. We signed up this year and unless you spend a lot of time in the hospital it can really save you money. My meds run about the same as under part D and I do have a small copay for doctors visits, but no yearly deductible, no med donut hole, no monthly fee for part D. It is saving the wife and I over $300 a month.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Canada has also tried to stop prescriptions coming into the US because the reason some are cheaper is the Canadian government subsidizes the cost. Go to a local independent pharmacy. Prescriptions will generally cost the same where ever you go if you have insurance. Only thing some insurances dictate where you can go (which is not right in my opinion!)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not online, but the retired folks in the Rio Grande valley just walk across the border, buy the same RX drugs that are available in the US for 1/4 or less than the same in the US.
The pharmacist are educated in the US and the Mexican Government regulates them. Yeah, I know some of you are shaking your head right now, but I've met some that have been in that area for many years and have never had issues. They share info with others for the pharmacies that are straight up, and swear by them. Bring them back across the border with nobody even checking.
The winter Texans stock up on enough to make it through the year before coming back the next year. A lot are Canadians if that means anything.
I keep hearing an ad on the radio that real pharm's in the US that sell online have a secure site and can't remember what the address is.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before I got on Medicare I ordered my drugs from Canada. I never had a problem with them. They were the same as the US drugs but
a whole lot cheaper. It's been years since I have ordered from them but would do it again if US drugs got more expensive.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It's not online, but the retired folks in the Rio Grande valley just walk across the border, buy the same RX drugs that are available in the US for 1/4 or less than the same in the US.
The pharmacist are educated in the US and the Mexican Government regulates them. Yeah, I know some of you are shaking your head right now, but I've met some that have been in that area for many years and have never had issues. They share info with others for the pharmacies that are straight up, and swear by them. Bring them back across the border with nobody even checking.
The winter Texans stock up on enough to make it through the year before coming back the next year. A lot are Canadians if that means anything.
I keep hearing an ad on the radio that real pharm's in the US that sell online have a secure site and can't remember what the address is.
My parents spend a month or two in padre every winter. The get their years worth of meds in Mexico while they are there. Save a ton of money.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My parents spend a month or two in padre every winter. The get their years worth of meds in Mexico while they are there. Save a ton of money.

Before Shauna passed we were planning on going to a place south of Demming NM to have her false teeth done for basically the same reason. What would cost many thousands in the US can be done for one or two thousand. Was going to park on the US side and walk over. When done walk back. It's a small town where a lot of the income is from things of that nature and not a lot of border crossings so patrol can take their time dealing with it making drug transport and violence less common.

As far as a lot of the importation, well from what I was reading a few years ago they have bigger fish to fry than to deal with someone getting their meds. I buy the dog's heartworm stuff from Australia. I have multiple reasons for it but needless to say I save money. I buy the dewormer at the same time and be set for the year. I pick up the dogs yearly non-rabies vaccinations at tractor supply for ten bucks. The only thing I go to the vets office for is the rabies vaccine because I have to have the certificate and such to be legal. I know of other things that can be bought outside the US and it ends up being a lot cheaper that way as well. If you find a legit place that will ship it and it's less and you have a prescription I wouldn't fret about it. If you are worried about the package being intercepted take a trip and bring them back, the one place I can see an issue is getting on a plane and dealing with all of that so take a drive or ride the train.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are dealing locally, look into GoodRX.com. They are an online source that when one puts in the name of the drug, the website gives one a list of nearby pharmacies and the prices using GoodRX "coupons." The coupons can be printed out, or one can do the transaction somehow using one's smart phone and the "coupon" be on one's phone to show the pharmacy clerk.

When the wife and I retired, she didn't have any insurance. A nurse/practitioner near Colorado Springs told us of GoodRX. With the wife's prescriptions, when we had insurance, her copay was $125 for 90 days for three prescriptions. With GoodRX, the same amount was about 1/2 price or less.

I tell people about GoodRX every single day, show them on my phone how it works, and still get people complaining they can't figure it out. lol. Oh well...

And GenScripts in Tulsa can do more than the ones on their website, and their prices and stuff fluxuate frequently depending on what they get in from their various suppliers. You just have to call them and ask.
yep I'm a big believer in GoodRx

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Before Shauna passed we were planning on going to a place south of Demming NM to have her false teeth done for basically the same reason. What would cost many thousands in the US can be done for one or two thousand. Was going to park on the US side and walk over. When done walk back. It's a small town where a lot of the income is from things of that nature and not a lot of border crossings so patrol can take their time dealing with it making drug transport and violence less common.

As far as a lot of the importation, well from what I was reading a few years ago they have bigger fish to fry than to deal with someone getting their meds. I buy the dog's heartworm stuff from Australia. I have multiple reasons for it but needless to say I save money. I buy the dewormer at the same time and be set for the year. I pick up the dogs yearly non-rabies vaccinations at tractor supply for ten bucks. The only thing I go to the vets office for is the rabies vaccine because I have to have the certificate and such to be legal. I know of other things that can be bought outside the US and it ends up being a lot cheaper that way as well. If you find a legit place that will ship it and it's less and you have a prescription I wouldn't fret about it. If you are worried about the package being intercepted take a trip and bring them back, the one place I can see an issue is getting on a plane and dealing with all of that so take a drive or ride the train.
Oh yeah, they get their glasses and teeth cleaned too. Many of the doctors work on both sides of the border. The cash they make in Mexico is the reward for all the red tape on the north side. The offices are just as nice and even nicer in some cases as the ones here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom