onlookers steal groceries from fatal accident site.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly, I can't figure out why people think calling 911 makes everything good. I LIVE with a po-po and neither of us think a quick call and chat with some faceless, nameless dispatcher will fix anything at all ...

It's let them know where to send the body bags. Question will be: body bags for which party?

a homeowner that shoots someone that broke into their house will spend years in jail and then have to pay damages to the intruder.... criminal homeowner in possession of illegal firearm shoots innocent, unarmed person just trying to work in their chosen profession?????????? :finger:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, I can't figure out why people think calling 911 makes everything good. I LIVE with a po-po and neither of us think a quick call and chat with some faceless, nameless dispatcher will fix anything at all ...

Because that's what is brainwashed into everybody's head from day one of pre-schrool and it never stops.
Teachers say call 911
Cops say call 911
News say call 911
College professors say call 911
....ad nauseum

Self reliance has been whitewashed into nonexistence in this country and is actually frowned upon. Did you see the channel 4 reporter during last year's tornado state that homeowners weren't even "supposed to be allowed to be in their homes"? Think about that one for a bit. Homeowners, full grown adults are no longer able to make a determination if it's safe for them to be any given place. Even their own home.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because that's what is brainwashed into everybody's head from day one of pre-schrool and it never stops.
Teachers say call 911
Cops say call 911
News say call 911
....ad nauseum

Self reliance has been whitewashed into nonexistence in this country and is actually frowned upon. Did you see the channel 4 reporter during last year's tornado state that homeowners weren't even "supposed to be allowed to be in their homes"? Think about that one for a bit. Homeowners, full grown adults are no longer able to make a determination if it's safe for them to be any given place. Even their own home.

Yeah, I remember that. I also remember thinking "**** that ****" There is more than one way to skin a cat. If I couldn't get in the "front door" I'd definitely be trying the "back door" :naughty:

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Teachers say call 911
Cops say call 911
News say call 911
....ad nauseum

yep this is so true, kind of off topic (but not really), the new cox cable commercial where the family is going across to meet the new neighbors that don't have cable just pisses me off because its along the same vein... ohhh look at them they do not conform to society standards lets insult them and make fun of them and make sure that people know if you don't tow the line and have cable tv your some kind of damned degenerate freak. Its the same principle Diall 911 for help all will be ok, you aren't normal if you try and help or think for yourself bla bla bla i'm sick of it!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep this is so true, kind of off topic (but not really), the new cox cable commercial where the family is going across to meet the new neighbors that don't have cable just pisses me off because its along the same vein... ohhh look at them they do not conform to society standards lets insult them and make fun of them and make sure that people know if you don't tow the line and have cable tv your some kind of damned degenerate freak. Its the same principle Diall 911 for help all will be ok, you aren't normal if you try and help or think for yourself bla bla bla i'm sick of it!

I hear you. I think it was Lurker that was extremely close to some of the fires a year or two ago and was having to lay low in his own home because of an "ordered evacuation"? Something like that anyway.

But the point is where does this even come from? What statute allows a public figure, mayor, sheriff, or whatever to order people out? And if there is a statute, in what universe is it constitutionally kosher? What we have is anyone whose very first reaction to whatever crisis is at hand that isn't looking to the government for protection, direction or permission to look after their own affairs in the most basic way is deemed as suspicious. Those of us that want to do it ourselves and don't wish settle for what we may or may not get in these sorts of crises are just nutcases and it pisses me the hell off too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom