Only New Firearms Law In Which I Agree!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong somewhere but I am so tired of hearing about more gun laws or restrictions. A inanimate object is not the issue and everytime that's where they start. Got a little heated today over comments about more red flag laws, better or more intense back ground checks. Not to mention the dreaded Assault Rifle that no one has a just description of and high capacity clips (not my words). So I fired back with the only New Gun Law I'm agreeable to. I was a little hot when I made this comment and maybe didn't completely think it through at the time. So tell me what you think of my comment.
Screenshot_20220706-151657_Samsung Internet.jpg

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better make that violent felony(armed robbery, car jacking, home invasoin, murder, rape, etc), or NY will be able to hang ya for carring in public now.
You are correct and like I said maybe I didn't think it all the way through but afterwards I got crickets.

OkcPuckFan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with your solution, and I totally agree with the premise, is it only deters sane people. Mass murderers are either insane, or so desperate that the consequences are irrelevant. Most go into the situation wanting and/or fully expecting to die.

My solution was to have a lottery once a (insert time frame) with the lottery participants being inmates. Just like the NBA draft. The number of lottery ping pong balls goes up with the severity of your crime. Bad checks are say one. Child molester, 50. Public execution with media rights for the winner. Extreme? Yes and it probably won’t reduce the worst crimes by much but it would certainly be a deterrent for lesser stuff.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as the law applies to every one. I’ve always said that there are two systems of Justice in the United States. One for the wealthy, and One for the rest of us.
We don' have a "Justice" system. We have a legal system. The two are not interchangeable. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom