Oops, I did it again!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve fished for as long as I have memory, and never stuck a hook in myself.
Two months in a row now, the second today.
First one was in and out so just had to cut the barb off and pull it out. This one went into the fingernail under the skin. Required a visit to urgent care for a little incision and work to get it out.

f1426eacc56adb035fcdcedd50111d97.jpg

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
So, what were you doing that caused that and I would suggest not doing that anymore...... just saying!!:cool: Ouch.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was bass fishing with a rubber worm/hook in a farm pond once, and accidentally cast too far to the other side where there was some vegetation.

Sure enough, it snagged. So I thought I'd just pull until it either came loose or the line broke.

It came loose (lol, of course), after I put plenty of torque on the line. But it came flying back airborne toward me really fast, so I put up my hand as a defense, and that sucker stuck in my hand (just below the base of my thumb) with a solid impact on the bone. Man, that hurt.

Getting the barb out didn't hurt near so much as the bone impact. I can still (almost) feel that. :/

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, what were you doing that caused that and I would suggest not doing that anymore...... just saying!!:cool: Ouch.
Well, I had a green sunfish that could be called a watchbander that had just been reeled in, and in the process of removing the hook from the fish, it took out its revenge on me by flipping around and burying the hook in the finger. Then it flipped around some more, continuing to bury the hook further, finally into the fingernail under the skin, then it flipped itself off the lower set of treble hooks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, that made a certain part of my anatomy pucker...… Bet hurt like a pucker, also!
It actually didn't hurt much until I grabbed the hook with a pair of pliers and tried the jerk it out quick and it won't hurt method.
The barb under the fingernail made the difference. It hurt, I quit jerking and went to urgent care.

Latest posts

Top Bottom