Oops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tall order brother but I wish you luck,, wish I could do it and part you of some coin. If it were Cali someone would chime in with help but being ok I think your limited. You know we want pics when you make this happen.

HymieP

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just FYI, going to be expensive. I restore old Hond CT70's and the prices have gone through the roof on everything. I blast the frames and repaint with OEM paint, polish all parts, even the #8 bolts. To do a 360 T to your level of restoration will run you around $7k maybe more. I sold a restored 1969 CT70 just recently for just under $5k.
Jamie

HymieP

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What you said you wanted and what you are willing to pay for such work are two entirely different things. To repaint, everything has to be removed, then frame blasted, then repainted. That by itself would run $1.5k, so do it yourself and save the money, but be prepared, some of those parts will break when removing to prep for paint work. They are 45 year old parts. Good luck.

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is in serviceable condition fuel oil chain lube tires lube the cables and run it as is. Better to just ride it. Says a garage full of bikes that "just needs a (xyz part)

HymieP

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I were you, replace the fuel lines, coils, plugs, rubber boots between heads and carbs, clean fuel tank, put carb kit in carbs.

Get rid of rust that is forming on exhaust pipes. There will be rust on the underside of those. The exhaust pipes are the most difficult and expensive to find/replace on these old bikes. If you ever want to sell it let me know.
Jamie

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I expect to spend a couple of grand in the restoration. Parts, I'll pay for as needed and I expect that as well. Just tell me what you need, and I'll get it. Labor is labor. I expect to pay for good work.
If I get it totally road solid, it's not much more to tear it down to the bones. Rattle can the frame, which is what I was going to do anyway.
No offense Al, but if someone will "rattle can the frame" for a customer, you'll probably get the famous 30day/30feet warranty (if that).

Luck. :drunk2:
___

Latest posts

Top Bottom