Open carry and setting example!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of the open carry thing, I observed a guy the other day wearing overalls. I first thought it was odd that he had a light brown leather belt around his waist. Then he turned and I saw the 1911 in a holster on his other side. That rig on a pair of blue overalls stood out like a sore thumb, unlike many open carry incidents where the firearm was almost unnoticeable.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I am an ignorant moron. I open carry Every once in a while. Most people never even look at it. I have only had a couple of people ask me about it before. One said “what stops someone from just taking the pistol out of the holster”? I showed them that it was locked in with a trigger lock. It was a Blackhawk serpa. After I explained to her how it worked she said “ thanks for showing me that. I appreciate you being safe”. The other two just talked about the pistol I was carrying. And one was an old cashier at Walmart that got hateful saying “he couldn’t believe I was allowed to carry that in the open and that it was ridiculous”. I politely told him I was legal to do so and was being safe about it. He wanted to argue but I wasn’t going to do it so I said sir have a good day and walked off. I’m not the type that does it to look tough or to feel big. Sometimes I take my jacket off after church and it gets exposed. I don’t see the big deal. There is no factual evidence that I know of that says a criminal is gonna target me first because of me OC. Carry however you like. Just keep your head on a swivel and be ready. I always am.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I am an ignorant moron. I open carry Every once in a while. Most people never even look at it. I have only had a couple of people ask me about it before. One said “what stops someone from just taking the pistol out of the holster”? I showed them that it was locked in with a trigger lock. It was a Blackhawk serpa. After I explained to her how it worked she said “ thanks for showing me that. I appreciate you being safe”. The other two just talked about the pistol I was carrying. And one was an old cashier at Walmart that got hateful saying “he couldn’t believe I was allowed to carry that in the open and that it was ridiculous”. I politely told him I was legal to do so and was being safe about it. He wanted to argue but I wasn’t going to do it so I said sir have a good day and walked off. I’m not the type that does it to look tough or to feel big. Sometimes I take my jacket off after church and it gets exposed. I don’t see the big deal. There is no factual evidence that I know of that says a criminal is gonna target me first because of me OC. Carry however you like. Just keep your head on a swivel and be ready. I always am.

Hey quit beating your self up!! Your friends at OSA will beat you up enough without calling yourself an ignorant maroon!! :cool:
I am with the conceal carry group but have seen guys open carry that were just carrying and not being billy bad ass.. It is legal either way and others opinions are just that!! :cool:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I DO know that I have witnessed people who OC and it is absolutely not an issue. Hardly even notice. I have also seen those who apparently OC because they think it makes them look like hot $h1t, tough stuff ... strutting like a bantam rooster, making a point of showing it off. That doesn't help ... anybody ... IMHO.
We have a guy in Ponca that is like that. He offers CC classes and runs around with a big shirt untucked that is pulled up on his carry side to expose his pistol. (He is not a member of this forum) I've seen him at some auctions, etc.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those are cool Dennis. Do you prefer the gold tone or the silver? Or does it depend on what color your outfit is?
I wear either with a big set of cast iron bull balls hanging underneath like those you see on some lightweights rear bumper.
HA! HA! they need a truck to haul theirs!

Latest posts

Top Bottom