Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would plan to continue to conceal carry. However, I would like to be able to legally open carry when I'm out in the woods just messing around.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone posted and ask for ...statistics about flashing/brandishing charges being brought, Ive not seen the results or the statistics.
trade_sniper ..they have holsters that are tuckable, maybe that will help you out.( besides ..baggy.. is the new ..IN...LOL)
I try to keep mine concealed as much as Possible, If the wind blows/I reach for something...well **** happens...never had an incident in the couple years Ive been carryin...had my shirt ride up to almost tuck itself in at Sams one day..Wifey says ..Honey your hangin out...cant tell you my response.. :)

Smitcheck

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Open carry says "I pose a threat" to the bad guys. Sometimes it is a deterrent, sometimes it is a bullseye. Personally? I would rather not be a bullseye and if push came to shove, maintain the element of surprise.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not all of us who support open carry actually want to do it. We only want the freedom to choose.

Michael
I am sure there are going to be some. I just would like to get rid of restrictions that have proven not to work. As we all know restrictive laws only empower criminals ( I know preaching to the choir). And yes I want to be the one who chooses even though I probably won't .

deja

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that concealed has the upper hand and element of surprise. I also agree that an exposed weapon may prevent a bad situation from happening like the story from Ohio (I've read it but can't find the thread now, if someone knows where its at, please PM me the link, I was trying to show it to a friend).

My only gripe with concealed carry is that I have to wear pants one size too large, an under shirt (so the gun isn't riding against my skin) and then an unbottoned, untucked shirt to cover my weapon (the combo gets hot when it's 100 degree's here in the summer). It's hard to look your best (especially when shopping for a new lady friend) when you are wearing all that baggy crap.

So it would be nice, on occasion, to be able to dress in a fashion that excentuates the positive and still have your weapon quickly accessible.
No disrespect, but I think you need to rework your carry setup. Using a good IWB and a Glock with a Hogue grip, I have none of those issues. I wear the same size pants, don't need an undershirt, etc...

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a small guy. I weigh about a buck 35. It doesn't matter if I'm carrying the fullsize glock IWB with a crossbreed or my 1911 in a Milt Sparks VM2 IWB, which is very thin and the most comfortable. I still always wear an undershirt, even if it's just an Under Armour to keep the gun and holster off my skin during 10-12 hours of carry. Both guns are heavy, especially my 1911 since it's stainless so I keep my Milt Sparks gun belt pretty tight. I can't wear either one of these guns, especially the double-stack glock in my normal size non-gun wearing jeans. The point I was making is that it's hard to feel 'dressed up' or looking nice if you are always wearing pants one size too big and always wear an untucked and unbuttoned shirt. I'm in pretty good physical shape and tend to wear tighter fitting clothing (to accentuate this) when I'm not carrying. Again, I'm a single guy, shopping for my next ex so you have to understand the viewpoint and situation that I'm looking at this from.

Latest posts

Top Bottom