Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
non-gun wearing jeans.....What is this you speak of?..
And both holsters you mentioned are ..tuckable ...you dont have to wear your shirts un tucked or un buttoned,
I was talking to an owner at a gunstore in Duncan ,where I took my classes.
I made a comment about not being able to find a comfortable holster..he said.. noone said it was gonna be comfortable...You have to decide if its necessary.
.and I see these hogue grips on these Glocks...Im around a lot of Police Officers/Fire Officals...just doesnt look to be comfortable nestled up against my side..maybe Ill try one and see..I carry in CB ,MTAC,CTAC style holsters with body shields

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am for the bill, might carry open sometimes, might not others. Can't place anymore of a target on me than the one I am used to at work. At least when open carry as a regular Joe, I won't be wearing a bright blue shirt and hauling around a sack of money.

I can see the point, a robber probably would target the gun holder first, but they might target me just the same while I'm at work, just have to make your choice and either way; stay vigilant and cautious my friends.

Bushman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It was legal to open carry before they striped us of the right in 1971!

For updates on this and other fire arms bills go to OK2A web site.

If your pro second amendment join today. OK2A is pushing the open carry agenda here in your state!

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bad guys ain't that bright, Are you gonna be more of a target if they know you have a gun and put up a fight or if they think you are an unarmed sheeple?

I agree. Criminals want an easy mark. As has been said on here many times, walk with purpose, be observant of your surroundings. Just these simple steps will deter most. They want something easy, in and out quick with the least likelyhood of them getting caught, shot or having to fight for their free meal. They want someone who doesn't have their keys out, texting on their phone, completely oblivious to their presenece allowing them to get within tic-tac distance before they are discovered.

Just like most of nature, even top predators will pass on a possible meal if they figure that they might get injured during the take down. An injury could mean death for them.

Like that story in Ohio, the guy OC'ing while pumping gas probably deterred those 3 guys from robbing that convenience store because one of them saw his weapon while he was filling up, turned right around and got back in the car, called his buddy that was already in the store casing the place (he had already given the thumbs up to one of the 2 others signaling them to come inside), guy inside answered his phone and immediately left the store and all three drove away.

I don't plan to OC all the time, but occasionally would be nice and also would keep me from getting in a sticky situation if I exposed my concealed weapon. But I also have to think about the fact that I'd much rather deter a crime getting ready to happen just because I was OC than to have to defend my life if necessary with a concealed weapon. I prefer to never have one of these encounters, but if I must and I lived in a perfect world and had such a choice, I'd much rather deter without ever having to draw my weapon.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
non-gun wearing jeans.....What is this you speak of?..

You know, the jeans/pants you would wear while you're stuck on jury for a week or two...

And both holsters you mentioned are ..tuckable ...you dont have to wear your shirts un tucked or un buttoned,

If you wear a tight fitting shirt, no fullsize handgun is 'tuckable'. I just don't feel comfortable with a tucked in shirt over my weapon. Always feel like I'm printing and don't know it. Plus it's one more step to rip that shirt up if you have to draw. I like just flinging my unbottoned shirt open to grab my weapon, it's fast. I did pick both holsters because they had that option though, but after trying it, I just don't care for it.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thought......

You guys that are against open carry are discriminatory!! I'm a big guy..... 6'0, 220 lbs. worked out for years.... So if a bad guy comes into an establishment, I being shot first for being big! I want equality in targetness from you smallish guys! OPEN CARRY FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

ETA: I think I had an LMFAO moment up there somewhere......

Last edited:

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, the jeans/pants you would wear while you're stuck on jury for a week or two...

If you wear a tight fitting shirt, no fullsize handgun is 'tuckable'. I just don't feel comfortable with a tucked in shirt over my weapon. Always feel like I'm printing and don't know it. Plus it's one more step to rip that shirt up if you have to draw. I like just flinging my unbottoned shirt open to grab my weapon, it's fast. I did pick both holsters because they had that option though, but after trying it, I just don't care for it.
Gotcha... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom