Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They would save the postage from mailing out the notification letters to tell you the permit has been sent yo the Sherrif's Office.

True, forgot all about that letter...they wouldn't really save the postage, but they could use that postage and drop the dang permit in the envelope I guess.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They would save the cost of the shipments to the Sheriffs office. The permit could just be included with the letter you get letting you know that .gov was going to allow you exercise your 2A rights since you paid the proper fees.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HB2522 did pass the committee but there was a committee substitute that needs a bit more work. The current version of HB2522 is identical to SB1092. The title has been stricken and Senator Treat and Senator Russell are working on amendments to bring the good stuff from HB2522 into SB1092 before it gets to the Senate Floor.

SB1541, SB1733, SB1743, SB1760, and SB1785 have all been officially scheduled to be heard in their respective committees April 4. So make sure you contace the Senate Committee Monday or Tuesday to urge them to vote yes, at least for 1733.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like and think it should pass. I have read many comments on her from other law enforcement saying they don't support it or won't do it. I think of it like the post yesterday from surjimmy between liberals and conseratives. Liberals don't like and it and so no one should be able to do it where conseratives make a personal choice and leave that same choice to all others. In other words people should have the right to do it based on their own personal choices, ideals, etc. I'm LEO and am 100% for it!!

P35

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like and think it should pass. I have read many comments on her from other law enforcement saying they don't support it or won't do it. I think of it like the post yesterday from surjimmy between liberals and conseratives. Liberals don't like and it and so no one should be able to do it where conseratives make a personal choice and leave that same choice to all others. In other words people should have the right to do it based on their own personal choices, ideals, etc. I'm LEO and am 100% for it!!
Let's face it, most of the "law enforcement" the media talks to is management. They get money from the US government. Guess where the feds are on guns?.. LEO management was against CCW as well.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
News from today (stolen from I support Open Carry in Oklahoma Facebook page):

SB1733 - Committee Sub as engrossed hb2522 passed 11 - 2

Now SB1733 moves to the floor for a vote. Big shock here, the 2 No votes were Hardin and Roan.

SB1733 was the Senate version of Open Carry. It didn't have the extra provisions in it that HB2522 did. The house just replaced the text of SB1733 with the text of HB2522 as it passed the house a few weeks ago.

Now it goes to the full House to vote on before the 26th. At some point in the process a conference committee could be requested to try and merge HB2522 and SB1733. Never seen how this part of the process works so I can't answer specifics at this time.

It should pass the house without issue since it is the same language they already passed. I don't see any issue with it passing the senate as it is the same basic language with some additional provisions. The only thing that was dropped was allowing more judges to carry (with a CCP) in courthouses. Shouldn't be a deal breaker.

SB1733 won't be available to be heard until at least Monday. Well really Friday, but since they don't meet on Fridays, it would be Monday. Even then it is up to the floor leader to schedule it on the calendar which doesn't get published.

SB1541 - allowing AG and AAG to carry firearms anywhere passed 13 - 0

SB1760 - Riot control and prevention act passed w/o using committee sub 12-0

That is all...

Latest posts

Top Bottom