Open Carry Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I frequently open carry, rarely does it even get noticed, even with a polished 1911. I do agree that there is definitely a bias here towards concealed vs open carry, and thats fine, thats what makes discussions good, the difference of opinions. What is not ok is some of the people here feel like they need to "cure" the open carry out of us and make us realize that we too should only carry concealed. Or when people try to make arguements that people only open carry because they have something to prove, or want to be Rambo, etc. There are a lot of good reasons why people may choose to open carry, just as there are times when concealed carry may be better suited.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is not ok is some of the people here feel like they need to "cure" the open carry out of us and make us realize that we too should only carry concealed.

Or the few who want to "cure" the concealed carry out of us, because you know carrying concealed rather than open is detrimental to the 2A cause.

Personally, I've carried OWB 99% of the time since November 1, mostly for comfort. Sometimes open, sometimes concealed.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of good reasons why people may choose to open carry.

Many of us can't think of any.

The first guy I ever saw open carry, was a militia type 'nam vet guy that used to hang out in the local video store & try to chat with the kids. That's still the stereotype in my mind when I think of it, if more OC'rs were responsible & didn't dress like the Unabomber in the first place, prob wouldn't be such an uphill fight for y'all.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many of us can't think of any.

The first guy I ever saw open carry, was a militia type 'nam vet guy that used to hang out in the local video store & try to chat with the kids. That's still the stereotype in my mind when I think of it, if more OC'rs were responsible & didn't dress like the Unabomber in the first place, prob wouldn't be such an uphill fight for y'all.

What would be responsible dress?

Do I need to cut my hair and maintain my beard to be a responsible OC'er?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those that carry like a doofus and make a spectacle of themselves ARE NOT doing the rest of us a favor.

No, you don't need to pick a guy to pieces over it, but for crying out loud, have a little couth about ya.

Every day of my life forces me to realize there has never been a truer statement made than, "There are two kinds of people in this world, those that 'get it' and those that don't. You don't need to explain things to those that do, and no amount of explaining to those that don't will ever help them to 'get it', cause they just don't."

If you're gonna carry like a doofus, and make a spectacle out of yourself, I'd just as soon you didn't do it, but it's your right, so if you wanna be a jack wagon, feel free, it's certainly your right to do so, but there is no right that says you are free from the consequence of behaving like a jack wagon, and if that means people are gonna call you out for being a doofus, then you need to get used to the pain.

Nothing to see here folks, just another judgmental osa comment.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was probably the guy in Academy open carrying.

I open carry most of the timeI personally like the idea.

A right not exercised is a right lost!

I have open carried in
Reasors
Academy
Bass pro
Olive Garden
And many more places. I have gotten very few reactions from people.

If people don't like me open carrying then leave. If you think my gun is causing you that much issue, do yourself a favor and leave.

Because I am not going to stop because you don't think it's right, or I have lost an advantage, who cares.

The last I checked no one griped about about people concealed carrying.

But to deny me my right when I fought as hard as any one else for concealed carry is ludicrous .

Then there is one who has opined in this thread who isn't old enough to carry weapon. Please explain to the group what experience you have for it against Open carry, since your still not out of your three cornered britches.

Latest posts

Top Bottom