Open carrying AR15 at Tulsa Gathering Place

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m cheering no one. I’m just not caterwauling about it. Reducing the fight against those who would completely and permanently circumscribe natural rights to a “PR campaign” is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not understanding when to shout and when to speak softly is even more pathetic. I can't see how anyone with an ounce of common sense can see what this twatwaffle and others like him are doing is harming the 2A more than it helps. All it does is make people see us gun enthusiasts as nutjobs and (or worse) a danger to the public. Look at what every single Democratic nominee hopeful is putting front and center of their campaign, gun control! And every single one of them wants a complete and total ban on AR's, AK's and similar rifles. No grandfather clause, a total ban. And the public are not as versed in firearms as they were before, they were raised on NBC, CBS, CNN, et cetera that all say these guns are scary. They have had no one to educate them on the reality of these firearms, so who are they going to believe, a source of news or this crazy gun nut carrying around a AR pistol.

If you want the people to see, understand and accept you have to show them in a way that is not scary. Walking through a park that people take their kids to with an AR pistol strapped to your back is NOT the way to do it.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious question: what are the responsibilities of someone who chooses to carry a firearm in a public place?

I'm sure it's different for others, but it's been my experience the few open carriers I've run across feel the need to share their high opinion of Uncle Mikes holsters and brag about how much cheaper their Taurus' are compared to 'just a name' S&W's.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Serious question: what are the responsibilities of someone who chooses to carry a firearm in a public place?

To be able to protect yourself and your family.

I carry a firearm in public places quite a bit. I just don't strap on 3 visible guns, one of which being an AR which is a hot button issue with the news and anyone who watches, then parade around a park looking for attention.
These guys are doing nothing good for the gun community or the 2nd amendment by pulling these stunts.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Huh? I’m talking about treatment for a painful medical condition that can affect someone’s ability to use a firearm.

This is a wrist brace for carpal.
3-2485-01-10_5.jpg

This is a wrist brace on a cane.
shopping

This is not a wrist brace

Best-AR-15-AK-Pistol-Braces-1024x698.jpg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis that was a funny post right there.

Okay so I think the guy at the park is an attention seeking tool, like most of these guys on youtube. That said were there any issues today with him walking through the park? Did the LEOs come rolling hot? If the guy went there today and there were no issues and no interactions. We may have to admit that these guys are making some progress with how police respond to this stuff. While I think most can agree its bad PR for those of us that like to keep our 2A uninfringed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis that was a funny post right there.

Okay so I think the guy at the park is an attention seeking tool, like most of these guys on youtube. That said were there any issues today with him walking through the park? Did the LEOs come rolling hot? If the guy went there today and there were no issues and no interactions. We may have to admit that these guys are making some progress with how police respond to this stuff. While I think most can agree its bad PR for those of us that like to keep our 2A uninfringed.

I just wanted to clarify what a wrist brace for medical reasons was actually for and not the get around used on AR's.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just wanted to clarify what a wrist brace for medical reasons was actually for and not the get around used on AR's.
Then why were you shaking your head in response to me pointing out he seems to be wearing a wrist brace like those worn for medical reasons? Seemed like you thought I was saying he was using a pistol brace for medical reasons or something. I’m just trying to understand what the problem with him wearing a wrist brace is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom