Open free market on silencers?! Fingers crossed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas has yet to litigate their H.B. 957 in court since the bill was made state law 30 days ago. If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on the Feds. They ain’t gonna let this go without a huge, drawn-out, and very costly fight - if they even deign to do anything other than simply force the state to comply. Withholding Federal funds, anyone?

Oklahoma would do well to wait and see what happens there. Sure, pass the bill into law, but don’t set an effective date just yet unless you have millions of dollars to burn.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has not gone well for Kansas.

https://apnews.com/article/91541e86b9894ef28db49c75c52c3461
October 16, 2018
An appeals court on Tuesday upheld the firearms convictions against two Kansas men who mistakenly believed that a Kansas law can shield from federal prosecution anyone owning firearms made, sold and kept in the state.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has not gone well for Kansas.

https://apnews.com/article/91541e86b9894ef28db49c75c52c3461
October 16, 2018
An appeals court on Tuesday upheld the firearms convictions against two Kansas men who mistakenly believed that a Kansas law can shield from federal prosecution anyone owning firearms made, sold and kept in the state.

Too bad we didn't have a pro-gun president then to reign in the jackbooted thugs.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Laws like this only work if you get enough people to mass disobedience, which is how the pot stuff got to that point.

The only thing more exciting to conservatives than new freedoms, are the stipulations on how to exercise those new freedoms. A recent example of this was the ATF proposed reclassification of AR pistols: before the rules were released to the public, it was all "don't tread on me!" and "f the ATF!", and once the rules dropped those same people couldn't hold back their excitement to understand how to follow the proposed rule.

The political right, by virtue of its reasons for existence, are destined to fail at civil disobedience. Only the left is good at doing that.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
well to be fair, while i don't think quite as many people have illegal firearms or firearm accessories as have illegal drugs; there is an *awful* lot of propaganda on just how effective the ATF is at actually catching people who DO break the law.

at this point everyone knows a brace ban is pointless because mass disobedience. lots of people have uh.... "maybe" form 1's too. that guy selling them at the gunshow has likely sold kits to a lot of folks i would assume never bothered to send in any paperwork.

i doubt any of them have gotten their dogs shot.

so like you say, i think once everyone realized police don't like....ya know....really *do* anything to actually *prevent* or *stop* crime, weed became a non-issue. the same should apply for most firearms things.

in india they have an easy rule: if a law is unjust you do not follow that law. seems pretty simple to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom