Open free market on silencers?! Fingers crossed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AguaFriaRanger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heres my take on it,

I have said it before, I shall say it again, if it works for the pot growers, sellers and users here in Oklahoma, why not the gun owners.

If the suppressor is made in OK, stays in OK, a person can pass a NCIC check then why not be able to buy one and walk out the damn door with it, oh wait its all about tax revenue, simple as that. The feds want that $200, ok fine I am willing to pay it as long as I leave the shop with it that day, not a year later. I mean, come on man.
Oh, it is much more insidious than that my friend. The original intent of the NFA was to ban all pistol ownership by civilians and get us on the path to disarmament just like what has happened to Australia. That is where the barrel length rules came from - they were closing the loopholes in the pistol ban. The regulation of suppressors was fueled by a racist book that was popular at the time that alleged african americans were sneaking onto the land of whites and poaching game without the landowner ever knowing. The regulation of MGs was due to organized crime whooping the hell out of the police throughout the 20s and into the 30s. The tax stamp was $200 which is equivalent to $4,083.09 in today's money. The entire NFA is about restricting the gun rights of poor people and especially minorities. The 1968 GCA was all about saving American firearm companies from bankruptcy because why would you go to the gun store and buy a new Remmington deer rifle for $10 when you can have a whole crate of Mosins or Enfields delivered to your door for $15? Milsurps were killing off domestic producers and again, cheap guns = guns in the hands of minorities and poor people, which the powers that be didn't (and don't) want. So they made it much harder to import guns with the "sporting purpose" clause. I could rant for hours here.

Gun control is never about safety and it is never about guns. It is about control. Control of people, especially those who are not in the ruling (upper) class.

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas has yet to litigate their H.B. 957 in court since the bill was made state law 30 days ago. If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on the Feds. They ain’t gonna let this go without a huge, drawn-out, and very costly fight - if they even deign to do anything other than simply force the state to comply. Withholding Federal funds, anyone?

Oklahoma would do well to wait and see what happens there. Sure, pass the bill into law, but don’t set an effective date just yet unless you have millions of dollars to burn.
Considering how states are breaking federal law with regulated drugs like marijuana, other states like Oregon or possibly Washington have the hard powder nose candy substances legalized it makes me wonder if they will actually do anything. More states are bucking up to the Fed

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Texas has yet to litigate their H.B. 957 in court since the bill was made state law 30 days ago. If I was a betting man, I’d put my money on the Feds. They ain’t gonna let this go without a huge, drawn-out, and very costly fight - if they even deign to do anything other than simply force the state to comply. Withholding Federal funds, anyone?

Oklahoma would do well to wait and see what happens there. Sure, pass the bill into law, but don’t set an effective date just yet unless you have millions of dollars to burn.
The Commerce Clause, from which the Fed derives the majority of its power over the States has been broadly interpreted in their favor due to the interstate nature of most commerce. A strictly regulated intrastate item would be a fun challenge to watch.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Commerce Clause, from which the Fed derives the majority of its power over the States has been broadly interpreted in their favor due to the interstate nature of most commerce. A strictly regulated intrastate item would be a fun challenge to watch.
So long as I’m not the test.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I blame the Christians who have the attitude that "God will sort them out later" and that life on earth should only be for suffering and persecution as a ticket to the afterlife.

Those beliefs will make everyone incredibly passive and easy to rule over.
At the risk of getting off on the wrong foot and....oh whatever dude are you serious? Of all the things I've heard blamed on Christians that one wins. Do you blame the Christians for the fact that you can read? Because it was Bibles that the schools way back when used to teach out of. Do you blame Christians for the Constitution ? What about the whole overthrow of the king back then ?What about the fact that the Marxists took over decades ago pushing an anti American belief in our colleges. Americans as a whole for a few generations have dropped that ball not one single group. Your attitude may be a hint at that. "Oh man this sucks those puny Christians let us down again...". Christians and Christian values can't be blamed for the majority of a country being lazy and content enough to only see a problem when it blocks the path from the t.v. to the refrigerator and back to the couch. You might do good to open your mind up a bit study a little more history maybe.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the risk of getting off on the wrong foot and....oh whatever dude are you serious? Of all the things I've heard blamed on Christians that one wins. Do you blame the Christians for the fact that you can read? Because it was Bibles that the schools way back when used to teach out of. Do you blame Christians for the Constitution ? What about the whole overthrow of the king back then ?What about the fact that the Marxists took over decades ago pushing an anti American belief in our colleges. Americans as a whole for a few generations have dropped that ball not one single group. Your attitude may be a hint at that. "Oh man this sucks those puny Christians let us down again...". Christians and Christian values can't be blamed for the majority of a country being lazy and content enough to only see a problem when it blocks the path from the t.v. to the refrigerator and back to the couch. You might do good to open your mind up a bit study a little more history maybe.

This is true - until the last 60 years or so

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And maybe t
And maybe the last 60 years or so the whole country has gone soft. But I don't see how the Christians should bear the brunt of the blame. As far as it being a passive religion history shows a Christians have left just as many dead bodies in the fields as your run of the mill heathen. It seems that the further our nation has gotten from Christian beliefs the worse our problems as a whole have become .Americans can be blamed. We can be blamed all together you and I include.

Hawkstar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And maybe t
And maybe the last 60 years or so the whole country has gone soft. But I don't see how the Christians should bear the brunt of the blame. As far as it being a passive religion history shows a Christians have left just as many dead bodies in the fields as your run of the mill heathen. It seems that the further our nation has gotten from Christian beliefs the worse our problems as a whole have become .Americans can be blamed. We can be blamed all together you and I include
And in carefully reading the Bible you'll see that life isn't only meant to be intolerable and full of misery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom