Open or concealed Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just curious...Do you carry open or concealed?

• Open

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Concealed

Votes: 44 89.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For people who think they can only carry when they "need" it, my next door neighbor was murdered during his lunch hour on a main street outside his office building. He was mugged and did not resist, gave up wallet and watch, and then they stabbed him anyway.
That was in a big city before I came to Altus, but even here in little ole' Altus, we have street crime.

Oh, for the people lecturing about how stupid it is to open carry, when away from people, out in the fields, I open carry. Other times, you can count on a gun being somewhere on me, except in govt mandated unarmed victim zones

Last edited:

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it’s none of my business but why don’t you carry as much as you can? You never know when you might need it.

Tony,
You make a good point. A 22 derringer in your pocket beats the heck out of the 44 mag you left at home.

I always keep a 2 1/2 " 44 mag (loaded with 44 specials, my favorite pistol round) in the glove box of my truck.

When I concealed carry, its a 3 1/2 " model 29 44 mag (again with specials) in my front jeans pocket. I'm a large fellow and can carry that off without imprinting.

I'm a devotee of large heavy projectiles at moderate velocities. I have lost the ability to rationally debate the 45 vs 9mm thingie, but I sure wouldn't want to get shot with a 9.

Call me what you like, but I just don't want to feel I need to carry every time I go out the front door. I haven't fired a shot in anger in over 45 years, and prey to God I never have to again.

I am fortunate to live in a very peaceful very rural area. If I lived in the city, the rules would certainly change.

I do keep a Ruger 22 wheelgun in the glove box of my side by side 4 wheeler loaded with 3 hollow points and 3 shot shells for
poisionous snakes and field rats around the homestead.

Ok, the better half just walked past me wearing only a bath robe saying she was heading for the hot tub and being able to resist anything but temptation, I'm going to join her....

Looks like the poll is running about 94 % concealed....interesting.

Last edited:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oh, for the people lecturing about how stupid it is to open carry, when away from people, out in the fields, I open carry. Other times, you can count on a gun being somewhere on me, except in govt mandated unarmed victim zones

Open carrying out in the fields or on your land etc is different than open carrying in the city.
I open carry around the house or out in the boondocks too.
I just don't advertise in public.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stay out of these topics for a few reasons, but mostly it is people giving their opinions based on something they have been told or read on the internet. If you believe that someone seeing you openly carrying a pistol is going to make you a target, then police would not dress they way they do or have marked police cars. The reason we spend tons of money on a standing military, would be pointless.
I know folks disagree with me, I am not saying your reasons are not valid, I am saying I disagree, debating me is not going to change my mind and I am not trying to change your mind, it is a free country live as you want to live.
When I was fat guy, yes said people are fat, I could hide a gun pretty easy. Now that I no longer fat, it is difficult to conceal a gun. Why would I make one so hidden in a pocket that I would h have a hard time getting to it in an emergency?
If I am armed, I untuck my shirt and hang it over the pistol. The only reason is because I know other folks get nervous around guns, it is not for my safety.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Concealed.. If I ever did carry OWB it would be dual 45 Long Colts in a Yosemite Sam rig with spurs... LOL

I was the opposite, when I lost 75 pounds my love handles didn't point the grip out and I could finally carry at the 3:00-5:00 positions like I'd always wanted to do. When I was fat I could hide anything small of pack but hated carrying that way.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I checked open carry but it all depends how I am dressed. I carry the same OWB rig everyday so in summer it maybe open unless I have my shirt untucked. In winter its concealed as long as I have a jacket on. What I have noticed is 90% of folks never notice it anyway when its in plain view.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concealed.. If I ever did carry OWB it would be dual 45 Long Colts in a Yosemite Sam rig with spurs... LOL

I was the opposite, when I lost 75 pounds my love handles didn't point the grip out and I could finally carry at the 3:00-5:00 positions like I'd always wanted to do. When I was fat I could hide anything small of pack but hated carrying that way.
You know if I was truly walking around scared that someone was going to target me, I am pretty sure I that I can carry an AR pistol on a sling in Oklahoma, legally. I bet you would not get a sling point sling off of me. Plus, I have actually used a small AR in real life situations.

Last edited:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
UTUC-Womens-Concealment-Short-Shorts_White-02_kindlephoto-17360295.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom