Open or concealed Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just curious...Do you carry open or concealed?

• Open

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Concealed

Votes: 44 89.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you are correct. I believe the more people do it the more everyone becomes acclimated to it and OC starts to be no big deal.

Big part of my rationale. We've allowed guns to become taboo and instruments of fear in this country. The only way to combat that is for normal, rational and responsible people to show that they AREN'T dangerous when handled and used responsibly.

We're reaping the rewards of allowing people who are afraid to control the narrative on firearms.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to carry one on each hip (as per Yosemite Sam like someone mentioned), I don't care. I might even strike up a conversation about yer guns.

Personally, I don't care to advertise the fact that I'm armed, any more than I'd advertise when I'm going on vacation.

And while criminals are often cowards, they're also occasionally paranoid, on drugs, and sometimes just nuttier than a fruitcake.

Folks are different, and therefore have different opinions (trust me, I'll always like mine better than yours). There's no need for insults.

I thought we were all on the same (pro 2A) side. :drunk2:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually do a "light conceal", meaning a cover garment of some sort, but I really don't care if it gets revealed. Sometimes, when I have to tuck in my shirt, I just open carry (especially if it is too hot to wear a jacket or blazer). Almost nobody notices, even though I am "That Guy" who occasionally carries a single action revolver, just because it's awesome. Usually, it's a Commander size 1911.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, nobody thinks twice when they see a 70 year old woman at Walmart with pink hair anymore because at some point it became NBD. If we start to OC more it might make it more normal too..

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago I would go to Arizona 2 or 3 times a year.Alot of people there were open carrying and no one really cared.Hope it gets that way in Oklahoma before long.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big part of my rationale. We've allowed guns to become taboo and instruments of fear in this country.

WE have not allowed guns to be taboo. The folks that do not own guns and do not understand the 2A have been intellectually brainwashed by those in government and the media that want to have control over the masses.
Kayne West said it best. He is tired of the left creating intellectual slavery and denying people the information to make personal choices. (I paraphrase that comment.)

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my friends was given a bag full of pistols when his brother died. He asked me which he should carry when he got his license. it would only be on special occasions of going somewhere he should not be, changing a trailer tire on the side of the road.
I asked him if he wanted to kill someone or scare the **** out of them? He said he did not want to kill anyone, he would rather have them run if he starting pulling the trigger. I told him to carry the big silver 1911, it is a Springfield RO.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I OC in town sometimes. I guess I'm a dumbass, but honestly I really DGIS. Everyone talks about how the "bad guy" is gonna target you first. I've had this discussion a hundred times, but the bottom line is, again... IDGAS. I don't believe or buy into the logic, not at all. Either way, I'm not afraid of it, and if they target me first, then that gives all these guys who are rabid concealed carriers and OC haters the edge, since the criminal will just come in blasting away and riddling my body with bullets because of the threat posed by my holstered semi-auto, and will easily be able to retreat to a safe position while everything is focused on me.

So be thankful.

Thank You for being brave enough to take one for the team. :)

I carry both ways, just depends on how I am dressed. I did vote OC because BOTH was not an option.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want to carry one on each hip (as per Yosemite Sam like someone mentioned), I don't care. I might even strike up a conversation about yer guns.

Personally, I don't care to advertise the fact that I'm armed, any more than I'd advertise when I'm going on vacation.

And while criminals are often cowards, they're also occasionally paranoid, on drugs, and sometimes just nuttier than a fruitcake.

Folks are different, and therefore have different opinions (trust me, I'll always like mine better than yours). There's no need for insults.

I thought we were all on the same (pro 2A) side. :drunk2:

Someone throwing insults? Maybe it's one of those I've got on /i, I dunno.

Latest posts

Top Bottom