Open or concealed Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just curious...Do you carry open or concealed?

• Open

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Concealed

Votes: 44 89.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't dress for the gun. If it's cold, and I'm wearing a jacket it's concealed. If it gets warm, and I remove my jacket it's OC. In over 10 years no issue. I want the lazy bad guy that doesn't want a fight to know I'm not the person to mess with. That whole surprise thing is a farce. I want the bad guy know I have teeth, and to go after a weeker target. I'm not ashamed of my feelings/beliefs. I go both ways for carry, and don't judge how you carry. Carry the way you want, just as long as you carry. This person states my belief better than I can:
https://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-carry-discussion/7230-open-carry-argument.html

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also don’t buy into the “bad guy will take me out first” because of me OC. 99.9% if people don’t look at someone’s waste anyway. We might because we carry ourselves but most others folks don’t. I am very observant when I’m out and about. I don’t ever see anyone looking at my pistol. Heck, they don’t even really notice me anymore than anyone else. Could it happen that a bad guy takes me out first because he or she notices my pistol? Sure it could. But I could also have their body full of lead before they notice I am armed too. Unless their is factual data to prove OC makes us primary targets for would be murderers, then don’t speculate. If it’s out there then lay it out on here. I have had three people come up to me and talk about my OC in the years since it became legal to do. Two of them were to tell me thanks for doing it. The third was a woman that asked how I would stop someone from just walking up and taking my pistol out of my holster. I then showed her the retention that my holster had. She was pleasantly surprised that my holster worked like that. She then said her thoughts had changed and that she was glad I was carrying. I just won one over right there. If we never do it we won’t ever be able to change public perception.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would vote both, if that were an option. 99% of the time, I conceal, but that's only because I personally haven't quite gotten comfortable with open carry (haven't done it enough). Plus, being on the more rotund side of life, I've had difficulty finding holsters that are comfortable to wear (concealed or open), so I almost always pocket carry.

I do think I should just start wearing a shoulder holster with this t-shirt on all the time though.
carry.jpg

(BTW: I do actually have that shirt, but I don't wear it while open carrying)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't dress for the gun. If it's cold, and I'm wearing a jacket it's concealed. If it gets warm, and I remove my jacket it's OC. In over 10 years no issue. I want the lazy bad guy that doesn't want a fight to know I'm not the person to mess with. That whole surprise thing is a farce. I want the bad guy know I have teeth, and to go after a weeker target. I'm not ashamed of my feelings/beliefs. I go both ways for carry, and don't judge how you carry. Carry the way you want, just as long as you carry. This person states my belief better than I can:
https://www.usacarry.com/forums/open-carry-discussion/7230-open-carry-argument.html
Exactly. OC does exude self confidence and strength immediately. They see it and know immediately your not part of the sheep herd. The walk tall and carry a big stick mentality goes far.
Also people don't crowd me in the checkout line I've noticed lol.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. OC does exude self confidence and strength immediately. They see it and know immediately your not part of the sheep herd. The walk tall and carry a big stick mentality goes far.
Also people don't crowd me in the checkout line I've noticed lol.

Is that code for tiny peepee?
j/k ;)

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of years ago while hanging out in Sam's, as I do while my wife shops, I noticed a guy that is OCing a 1911. I decided to shadow him and watch everyone around him. Not once did I observe anyone who seemed to even notice that he was armed.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A couple of years ago while hanging out in Sam's, as I do while my wife shops, I noticed a guy that is OCing a 1911. I decided to shadow him and watch everyone around him. Not once did I observe anyone who seemed to even notice that he was armed.

This 100%. People are so completely into themselves WWIII could light up in front of them and they wouldn't even notice.. For CCW I remind people that dudes simply do NOT look at another dudes waistline... EVER...!!! You could have a can of coffee hidden on your strong side waist and guys would NEVER look or notice. Even if they did notice they'd never acknowledge it. LOL

Penywisexx

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I concealed carry most of the time. The only time I open carry is if I am making a transaction from somewhere online such as craigslist or armslist It has prevented one robbery from happening before. I was selling a cell phone and the buyer wanted to see it but wouldn't get out of their car, it was in a bad neighborhood. I let my open carry be obvious and they told me they weren't interested and took off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom