Open Trigger guard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
LOL!! Sometimes I'm convinced that GTG's line is talking about me. I love that line too, I've told that quote to at least a half dozen people not on this board.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All good opinions and I welcome them all. I used to carry this same holster pictured and really liked the way it rides above the belt line and the cant. I want to pick up another one for my Chiefs Special but wanted to see some opinions.

As with all things firearms related, practice practice practice. I used to not care for a thumb break but now I don't mind them that much.

I really like some of the offerings from El Paso Saddlery PLUS H&H carries a full line of them so you can touchy-feely :)

BC

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this discussion is on holsters but how 'bout the old "Fitz Special"? That's almost like having no trigger guard at all. :yikes2:
awww.lindytruth.org_CAL_gun.jpg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this discussion is on holsters but how 'bout the old "Fitz Special"? That's almost like having no trigger guard at all. :yikes2:
awww.lindytruth.org_CAL_gun.jpg

The ones that I have heard about and seen pictures of have been cut-down New Services in either 45 ACP or 45 Colt. These were promoted by JH FitzGerald of the Colt company and I seriously doubt that anyone would do it in today's litiguous society.
I think that it is a bad idea, with all due respect to Fitz. Two reasons: one is there is nothing to protect the trigger in front, increasing the risk of unintentional discharge, and two is that what remains of the guard has no front support and would be far more likely to be bent with the distinct possibility of tying the gun up.
Still, it is an interesting curiosity, isn't it?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I saw a Ruger Speed Six on GB the other day, and honestly that's what I thought the OP was talking about when I read hte thread title.

I don't like that AT ALL!!!

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just can't grasp the reason/logic behind removing part of the trigger guard.

I know what the logic is even though I disagree with it: that the trigger finger might be hung up on the front of the trigger guard and slow the shot down. Removing the front of the guard supposedly prevents this from happening thereby making the shot faster.

Like I say, I disagree with it, but that is the logic behind it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom