Opinion's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am in need of a hi cap pistol, and can't decide on which of the 2 I am thinking of. Not a big Glock fan, but you have to give the Devil his do. The Glock would be a Gen4 19. They go bang every time, and even I would have trouble tearing one up. The other is a LW Hi Power.
PRO's & CON's
Glock, well it's a Glock and I'm not a fan.
LW HP, I would need to send it off to have custom work done(I can thank Gary for that) since he got me hooked on these High End Customs. I already have the HP, cost on the work around $1800(and yes worth every penny).
Glock would be cheaper. Please post your thought's.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never did like the grip angle of the High Power. Ever try an XDM?

XD9801HCSP06_1200x782.png

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the purpose? I mean, you said you are "in need of a hi cap pistol"? If we knew what it was going to be used for it might make a difference.

For instance, I have Glocks for my "truck guns" and quick home defense. I have a bunch of loaded interchangeable mags with capacity and finger extensions for my G22 and G26s (and a Sub2000 that fits them as well). I don't care how they look, don't care shite about them except they go bang if I need them to.

For a custom Hi Power... with $1800 worth of customizing? Not something I want to carry every day or get banged around.

So anyways... my vote is - "it depends".

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi-cap for what? A BBQ gun to take to the range and show your friends? USPSA? Production, Limited, Open? Carry "Wellfare Open" Optics?

Hipower if you want a BBQ gun that oozes class and haughty-ness.

CZ Shadow 2 or TSO if you want a BBQ gun with that former soviet-bloc mailorder bride mystique.

Tanfo if you're more of an Italian connoisseur.

Grand Power X-Calibur if you want a gun that almost nobody else has (though USSA had one crazily enough).

Bersa Thunder XT-9 if you love Tex Mex

Star BM if you want a BBQ gun from Bill Sims instead of Butcher Stand

IWI Jericho 941 if you want to be a Space Cowboy

STI, Limcat, Atlas, STS Pantera if you want a 2011

Rock Island 2011 if you want a 2011 for not 2011 prices

Any of the plastic fantastic striker fired guns because at this point they're pretty much all the same.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont understand why everybody instantly goes to a new poly gun as the end-all when someone asks a similar question.

Maybe I've had good luck with my "outdated" design guns, but I've not seen a lack of reliability out of them.

I say if the HP has served you well this far and you trust it...why change what works for you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom