Opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually "inherited" a Hi-Point 9mm pistol when I got married. It was almost a deal-breaker. But, it was her dad's gun and he left it to her after he passed. So, there's a Hi-Point buried in my safe somewhere.
Good for you. You will have a back up for when your Glock breaks. :pms2:
:pms2: :pms2: :pms2: :pms2:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you. You will have a back up for when your Glock breaks. :pms2:
:pms2: :pms2: :pms2: :pms2:

Funny story about Glocks breaking...or not breaking...

I had a friend, who was a Glock regional sales manager at one point in his career, come to me in the mid-2000s some time and ask what I thought about an idea he had. He said he was going to start an online website where he sold only Glock parts and accessories. I told him I didn't think it was a real good idea. He said he thought people were fanatical about having spare parts for their Glocks. I thought he was crazy...mostly because I just don't think that way. I look at the hole in the bottom of a Glock grip, behind the mag well, and I see a hole. Someone with an entrepreneurial vision looks at that same hole and sees a hole that needs to be filled with something. My friend was a little that way.

Well, my friend, Dave H., turned that idea into glockparts.com and made a fortune at it. He ran the entire operation out of his home in Colorado. He bought a place down on Lake Eufaula and just trailered his business stuff down to OK when he spent summers on the lake.

I think he sold the business to his son who still runs it out of Littleton, CO.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with Kel-Tec is they have so many interesting ideas, but then when you handle one there is no faith in the quality of it.

That said, I would like to pick up a P32.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem with Kel-Tec is they have so many interesting ideas, but then when you handle one there is no faith in the quality of it.

That said, I would like to pick up a P32.

I don't know if you've ever held or fired an RDB, but you might change your mind if you have. It's a really nice gun.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never personally seen a bad Kel-Tec. I own several and they work as well as ANY other gun I own. I own an RDB, RFB, CMR30 and PMR30. I've owned in the past: SU-16, Sub-2000, PF9, P3AT and P11. Are they a duty-quality gun? Maybe not. And they might not hold up to sustained, heavy use. But I don't use them that way so I don't care. Whenever I get the urge to take one out and shoot it, it always functions just fine, regardless of the one I choose to shoot.

I'd really like to get my hands on a P17. I'd love to find another SU-16.

My guess is, most (not all) people who bad mouth Kel-Tec guns have never actually owned a Kel-Tec gun.
Kel Tec really hurt themselves big time when the first ones became known as jammers, FTF's, etc. However as time has passed I hear they are now making some decent firearms. I however have lasting memories of a backup that wouldn't go bang when it was much needed.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whats yalls opinions on the kel tec p17?
When the P17 first came out it intrigued me. I like the fact that they have a 17 round magazine. I’m surprised not many other manufacturers have stepped up their game for 22s that held more than 10 rounds. Kel Tec is a conglomerate with a bunch of engineers that come up with ideas and make them into fire arms. I don’t have a lot of experience with Kel Tecs as I only have two. I own a PLR 16 and a PLR 22. I got them because it looked like a Han Solo blaster from Star Wars. It was so ugly it was cool looking. It’s not the P17 you’re talking about but if it works like the PLR 16 it should run like a sewing machine. It’s on my list of wants. One of these days when I remember I’ll buy one.

Another one that caught my interest is the CP 33. Another 22 pistol of kel tecs but it holds 33 rounds in a quad stack magazine.