Optic ready CZ SP 01 Shadow from CZ Custom

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Placed an order today for an SP01 Shadow from CZ Custom. The only custom work added was their RDS slide cut with a rear sight plate and Leupold DPP mounting plate. They also stock additional plates for most other micro red dot sights, so you are not tied to any specific model.

Wait time was quoted at 10 weeks, but it will be worth it. The lack of firing pin block on the Shadow really helps in milling the slide nice and low. At some point the pistol will get a competition hammer (shown in both photos below), but I need to save up for a set of LOK Shadow 2 palm swell bogie grips and a Deltapoint Pro first. All said and done, the cost was still approx $100 less than any stock, new SP01 Shadow available through a dealer or on Gunbroker.

With fixed sight plate installed:

jD5mSDyh.jpg

With RMR plate and optic installed:

P00XTQZh.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know what 86% of those words mean. Pretty pistol though

Sorry...I'm guilty of using hipster CZ lingo.

RDS = red dot sight
DPP = Deltapoint Pro

LOK bogies are the G10 grips shown below. I'll likely pick up an engraved set for my Shadow 2 and swap my plain black set onto the SP01.

45pnZPeh.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grips look effective

Absolutely...their palm swell grips are far and away the best of anything that I have personally used. Seems most guys shooting 75's and Tactical Sports on the Brian Enos forums are either using LOK grips or a grip that's been coated with silicon carbide.

LOK makes grips for several other platforms, but I've only used their standard and Shadow 2 cut palm swell bogies for the CZ 75 pistols. Their standard palm swell grips are the same profile the the factory CZ grips, only wider.

Latest posts

Top Bottom