Optics Planet vs Tombstone Tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpticsPlanet

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey okshooters,

We take customer feedback importantly and after reading this thread we would like to remedy any bad experiences some of you have had order with us. Constantly we are improving our company and trying to offer not only the best deals but also an improved customer service experience. If there is ever an inconvenience with your order our reps via our phone line at 1-800-504-5897 or our website live-chat at www.opticsplanet.com are here to assist you throughout the ordering experience and ensure that the item you have ordered comes to you without any issues. Please keep in mind, that we do offer a check availability feature on our site. This feature is located on the product page for the item, right underneath the "Add to Cart" or "Place Backorder" button. Once the link is clicked, you can view the current stock status. If in stock, it will display "In Stock" or "Estimated to ship within x-x days" or "Extended backorder - unknown ETA". Our site will allow orders to be placed if the product is back ordered and we will not capture your funds until we're able to ship it.

When it comes to orders your card isn't charged initially, it is only an authorization amount. Once the order is ready to ship out that is the only time that you get charged. As for shipping from our facility, we do have a warehouse that ships out our products. There are certain instances where we may have to wait for a supplier to send us out a product if we are awaiting inventory. And in those cases we are waiting for the supplier to send us our shipment.

We are always running promotions at https://www.opticsplanet.com/deals.html and trying to provide the best deals possible. Additionally, for those who have had issues with shipping times in the past, we heard out the community and created a coupon called "2DAYAIR" that rotates items (currently has 2000+ products) constantly within this page to be able to qualify for free 2-day shipping. https://www.opticsplanet.com/free-2nd-day-air-shipping.html.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and we do hope you reach out to us.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too little, too late. The money WAS charged then put back on. When I called after 10 days, your "customer service" reps made no attempt to fix the situation. All that aside, Tombstone was about 20% cheaper than you guys were (even using a coupon with you) and they shipped next day. I wasted the time waiting...and got good service elsewhere. Live and learn.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to come and explain your business model, Optics Planet. Unfortunately, as others here have said, I generally can find better prices on a given item at other web sites like Tombstone, your rotating deals notwithstanding. It’s sad, as I used to think years ago that OP had the best deals around.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to order something from opticsplanet years ago and it didnt show out of stock, but it was. needless to say I cancelled my order and went elsewhere.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had similar experience with them, place an order for two items, that according to their web site these items were in stock. Three weeks go by no items, called their CS, oh we are waiting in one item, the item is going to be here tomorrow and we will ship then. Two more weeks go by no items. Called CS and they give me the same story. I told them to cancel the order. I will never order anything from them again. I unsubscribe myself from their e-mailing list. Another one added to the do not buy list, CTD, midway, optics planet and ???? If they do this kind of S$#% is because the don't care about they customers so, I will take my business somewhere else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom