Oregon Beauty and Places

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of these photos posted today were taken when Eric was here on vacation. Thus, we went to a number of places to give him a chance to see things he had never seen, like Redwoods and Crater Lake, as well as the Oregon coast.

While at Crater Lake, we got buzzed by the Thunderbirds. From what I read later, they did maneuvers over a number of National Parks about that time.

These next two photos were taken from the same spot to give an idea of a panorama view of Crater Lake. The big island is called Wizard Island.

There is a road that runs around the rim of Crater Lake. While taking a tour trolley that day, we got to see the other island in Crater Lake. This one is called the Phantom Ship.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful country up that way. I've been on your website, but mainly read to learn. We did buy an RV since we talked on the phone. Anxious to to take it out on the road. Aging parent issue is keeping us grounded right now. Quite the life you guys are living.

Dennis,

With regard to my photo website, I finally got fed up with all the advertisements at Photobucket, and I suspect that anyone wanting to look at pictures would be fed up pretty soon as well. So, I bit the bullet, paid the price, and started posting photos at Smugmug, where there are no ads. Also, I can set things up to where I can sell photos if anyone is interested in buying them. I just don't have that all figured out yet as to how to put my own prices on the photos.

But, if you want to see some photos there that have NEVER been posted anywhere else, you can go check out my Favorite Photos gallery. Just click on the "Browse" button at the top center of the page and look things over.

Terry Miller Smugmug

Now I just need to get busy and get more photos posted there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I mentioned above, some of our time was spent in California, specifically the kayaking and seeing the Redwoods.

The Redwoods can really make one feel insignificant.

This shows the base of a fallen tree. For perspective, my wife is 5' 4" tall.

Way back in the late '60's, my last year in the Army was spent on a small base north of San Francisco, where we got to see the California coast and some Redwoods at Armstrong Redwood State Park near us. After we made our first trip to see things at the Redwoods near Crescent City, CA and the beach, the wife had commented that she had always felt that we might never get to get to the west coast again to see such sights. This photo now shows that she might be becoming a "tree-hugger."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another fallen giant. The Redwoods have their own environment around them, in that there are a lot of ferns and other vegetation that I don't see in Pine forests and such. We were told that their root system is not so deep, but that the roots of each Redwood spreads out and mingles with the root systems of other trees, thus giving each other additional strength. We were also told that they get a lot of their moisture from the fogs that move into the area.

Another interesting thing with the Redwoods is that one "tree" can literally grow out of the trunk of another tree. This particular tree, although not a Redwood, is similar and strange. Both ends of this tree are rooted in the ground, and other trees are growing out of the trunk.

This one seems to have been split at some time.

This fallen Redwood is huge. The dark form in the foreground is my 5'4" wife, and the tree to her right is really big.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, MM. We are doing well, but we are going into the busy season. We will have guests on the Ranch every weekend until at least the end of October. There is a small window in late October when our youngest son will fly out for his vacation. We are planning for that, which will include more exploring and photographing of the Oregon coastline further north. Our bosses have a beach house in Waldport, OR that we can use for free.

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5C8E4A51-34F5-40C7-BA96-70D733911221.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom