Oregon: How is it possible for people writing laws to be this painfully stupid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in Oregon and I blame this stupidity on all the Californians that move there to retire. I just went back 2 months ago and couldn’t believe all the homeless people camping everywhere.

Not to mention that Portland seems to be the national headquarters and "compound" for Antifa.

To add to the problems, Oregon doesn't have a state sales tax. They keep trying to get the citizens to vote one in, but it always fails. The result is that communities and counties are limited on how many folks they can hire as police and probably other first responders as well.

We had an "incident" at the retreat and reunion center we lived and worked at one day. Two sheriff's deputies showed up in their two different cars. After I showed them how to get to the vehicle in question, I went back down the hill to find two more officers, each in their own car. While visiting with those last two, one of them informed me that he was the under-sheriff and we just happened to have the full shift of the county's current on-duty officers. Four officers on duty for the whole of Josephine county. Josephine county: 1642 square miles and a population of 87,393 people.

Last edited:

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As somebody born and raised in Oregon - their stupidity never ceases to amaze me. I thought Sam Adams and Kitzhaber were bad, then comes along Kate Brown, trying to show up everybody else...

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.ammoland.com/2020/02/oregon-how-it-is-possible-for-people-writing-laws-to-be-this-painfully-stupid/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=502a03b90a-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-502a03b90a-7179273#axzz6Evzf8KvC
Oregon: How is it possible for people writing laws to be this painfully stupid
Ammoland Inc. Posted on February 23, 2020 by Ammoland

The key part of the amendment says : “‘Control’ means, in relation to a firearm: “(a) That a person is in sufficiently close proximity to the firearm to prevent another person who is not an authorized person from obtaining the firearm; or “(b) That a person is in the person’s residence with the firearm, either alone or only with authorized persons who also live in the residence and who are not minors, and the doors and windows of the residence are closed and locked.”

I had to look up the link to to find out what this pertains to. It is part of a purposed law to lock up all guns. This is part of a purposed law to keep all guns locked up so ineligible people can't get access. This clause may seem stupid, but you haven't read the entire purposed law, now there is stupid.

I also am a native born Oregonian, we use to be S.N.O.B.'s and Tom McCall was our Seer. We should have listened.

I worked for Customs and lived all over the country, and a couple of places overseas. When it was time to retire we traveled around and looked for a place to settle. We went home to Medford and looked around only to learn the Oregon had been annexed and was now the northern most county in California. We settled in Montana and hoped to live happily ever after, then my wife died. Lonely old fart I was until I met this Okie widow lady. To decide where to live Montana-Oklahoma, we look at the temperature on January 1. When the Montana temperature started with a minus, Oklahoma won.

Dad died at 92 last month and I went out for his funeral. That will probably be the last time I go to Oregon. I am so through with Oregon.

Okay so I may still hang onto the Green and yellow-Go Ducks.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone must like the Ducks. For most of my life they have been the nations bridesmaid team. They get into the big game and seldom win. Always a bridesmaid, seldom a bride.

Of course in that rare event in the big game your team lost and the Ducks won, in can understand your feelings.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, just messin' with ya. I don't have any more against the ducks than any other team. Mess with people... that's what I do!

Except those HORRID uniforms!

Latest posts

Top Bottom