OREGON INITIATIVE PETITION 13 PROPOSES TO CRIMINALIZE HUNTING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Money will be lost from hunting leases and licenses. Agencies will be shut down due to lack of funding. Poaching will be at an all time high. Since there are no hunting seasons, no laws will have been violated and no offenders will be charged. Slippery slope.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I often believe those living in Portland and the like fail to realize that the majority of the peoples' power in states such as these lie in the hundreds of thousands that live outside of the larger cities, me thinks some of the good ol boys in southern Oregon and all the commercial fishermen along the coast will have something to say about this. Those are not the people they want to piss off lol
This born and bred Oregonian will tell you that this is wrong. The power in Oregon-the majority of the voters live in the I-5 Corridor, and the super Majority of liberals lives in the Williamette Valley. That bloc controls Oregon.

Oregon today is little more than the northernmost county in California, although some say Washington my now claims that title. Southern Oregon and my Home town of Medford at the south end of the I-5 corridor use to be a major logging center-no longer. The liberals have shut down logging. Ran off by liberal thinking on shore, and heavy foreign unregulated commercial fishing off shore, the Commercial fisherman is a dying breed and have little power.

When I retired in 2008 we looked to move back home to Oregon, we checked things out and did not like the political climate and retired to Montana. Later when life dealt a me foul hand and I became a widower I hooked up with a widow Okie Gal, and here I am.

They need to get 122,000 signatures on the initiative petition by July 2022 to get the initiative on the November 2022 ballot-I think they will get them. Will the initiative pass, not sure, but it could. If it loses it won't lose by much.

Last edited:

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This born and bred Oregonian will tell you that this is wrong. The power in Oregon-the majority of the voters live in the I-5 Corridor, and the super Majority of liberals lives in the Williamette Valley. That bloc controls Oregon.

Oregon today is little more than the northernmost county in California, although some say Washington my now claims that title. Southern Oregon and my Home town of Medford at the south end of the I-5 corridor use to be a major logging center-no longer. The liberals have shut down logging. Ran off by liberal thinking on shore, and heavy foreign unregulated commercial fishing off shore, the Commercial fisherman is a dying breed and have little power.

When I retired in 2008 we looked to move back home to Oregon, we checked things out and did not like the political climate and retired to Montana. Later when life dealt a me foul hand and I became a widower I hooked up with a widow Okie Gal, and here I am.

They need to get 122,000 signatures on the initiative petition by July 2022 to get the initiative on the November 2022 ballot-I think they will get them. Will the initiative pass, not sure, but it could. If it loses it won't lose by much.
Damn, I was unaware of how bad things had gotten in that area, makes sense now why some of my friends from the Medford area have fled as well.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn, I was unaware of how bad things had gotten in that area, makes sense now why some of my friends from the Medford area have fled as well.

It's happening in a lot of blue states. There are a few metro areas that control state wide laws and elections.

I've said it before, the liberals want to eliminate the EC because of how it works to prevent mob rule. I say the EC should be expanded and used on a state level. Win a majority of the counties in a state election, win the election. What we have now in a vast majority of blue states is mob rule in the guise of democracy.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if a lifetime license holder could challenge this?

I sure wouldn’t want to be the poor bastard charged with enforcing that law.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breaks my heart to imagine how land and animal conservation will be harmed by this. It will cause the state to literally fall apart from a conservation standpoint.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breaks my heart to imagine how land and animal conservation will be harmed by this. It will cause the state to literally fall apart from a conservation standpoint.

Put a little glue on it, this won't pass, but, there will be some people that are stupid enough to vote for this, and that's what breaks my heart.

They should monitor the voting, and anyone that votes in favor of this law should be removed from the gene pool

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This kinda stuff makes me giggle, and it would make me lol except for the fact that these extremist chuckle heads need to be put away in a mental institution.

I've done a little digging. They've got a pretty long up hill battle, and I doubt they get 112,000 signatures, but they might, but this thing will never stand any constitutional scrutiny. Ever. Never. Ever. Happen. Probably unconstitutional on at least a half dozen fronts. Maybe more. Colorado had something like this as well, but it never made a ballot.

https://www.farmprogress.com/livestock/court-ruling-puts-oregons-ip13-new-light
Seriously, these people need their asses kicked until they see the light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom