OSA - 17 Design Lowers - Completed Builds Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picking up an unfired Colt LE6920 upper today to FINALLY start my build. Since it's my first I'm trying to wade through all the options on things like the lower parts kit and stock options. Suggestions are more than welcome.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have one left that I’ll probably never build. Have one to my son when my grandson was born. One of these years we’ll build it together.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first complete lower build anyway, used a colt upper. Went with Palmetto lower build kit. Now I understand all the talk of lost springs and detents.

Attachments

• EDA52A1D-E51A-4D37-A736-C2D1FE638FAA.jpeg
    EDA52A1D-E51A-4D37-A736-C2D1FE638FAA.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first complete lower build anyway, used a colt upper. Went with Palmetto lower build kit. Now I understand all the talk of lost springs and detents.
Next time, try assembling the fiddly pieces inside a 2-gallon ziploc bag...plenty of room and you can see what you're doing, but it keeps the flyers from disappearing, at least!

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a great idea that comes from experience.
I honestly don't know how many ARs I put together before I figured that one out, but it was probably close to triple digits. Felt like slapping myself 😁

Last year my department sent me to an armorer's course, and that was one of the tips the instructor gave the class. That, and using a cotter pin to install the spring and detent on the front takedown pin, were worth the time & cost of the class by themselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom