OSA - 17 Design Lowers - Completed Builds Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
As ya'll know I'm not web smart so I couldn't figure out how to do that donation thing even though Lord knows the respected member @El Pablo did his utmost to help me with it. Well I was visiting with another respected member about my lack of web technology and he kindly offered to let me get one of his. I'll let him decide if he wants say who he is. Before anyone even asks, no he doesn't have anymore. Nada, zip, zilch, no more to be had.
Anyway, I'm thankful to him and have some pretty good ideas what I want to do with the parts I have on hand but I'm on hold right now. But I have one...woo hoo!View attachment 203716
We have some good folks on OSA, I needed help with reading comp when I was donating LOL. Donated to GOA and that was not on the donation list LOL. Would have liked to have a video of @dlbleak and @El Pablo doing the
upload_2021-5-2_15-44-19.jpeg
They made the donation list in English I just no comprende ! :cool:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's mine. PSA 16 MLok upper, SS barrel, Magpul: grip, CTS-R stock, BUIS, rails and AFG2. Vortex Crossfire 2 Red dot (2 MOA). Stainless muzzle break in the mail (Optics Planet is slow). Thanks to @BlackRifle for building it with me as always.(Best dad ever). Thanks to OSA and 17 Design for making this possible.View attachment 203965
I second that.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had this one done a little while ago, just hadn’t posted yet. It’s the folding lower with a 7.5” PSA upper that I’ve had for quite a while. Romeo dot, PSA drop in trigger, SB tactical brace. It’s nice! Super compact. First AR pistol I’ve been able to pack in my small range bag.
38740BB8-0B97-41C3-929F-A752819302B3.jpeg 3ADF252F-082D-4762-9DB4-32C6D4CA6BC0.jpeg

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this one finished today, forged lower with a 10.5” PSA upper I bought from a member here about a week ago. SB tactical PDW brace, Timney drop in trigger, also purchased from a member. Vortex Spitfire. Haven’t shot this one yet. I’m also going to use it for my pig hunting upper in 300 Blackout.
825D5163-5606-416F-8CD4-58BA08D16CD7.jpeg

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I had a PSA w/10.5in barrel upper on my IFLR pistol, but as an afterthought I decided I wanted to be able to be able to add (and imbed) my suppressor to this gun. Unfortunately, the ID of the PSA handguard is only about 1.3 in. The suppressor OD is about 1.5 in., so no bueno. So I bought a Griffin Armament 12.5 in free float handguard with a 1.7 in ID to replace the original PSA handguard (unknown mfr). The proprietary barrel nut on the PSA upper was obviously installed by King Kong and quite difficult to get off. I didn't have a 1-1/8 crows foot wrench, if I had maybe it would have been easier, but as it was I could lift my bench off the floor and twist it from side to side with the albeit insufficient torque was applying. To make a long story short, I finally was able to remove the original barrel nut and replace it with the nut included with the new handguard, get it torqued (required about 50 lb/ft to get the gas tube channel alligned), and the new handguard put on. All was not lost with the PSA barrel nut and handguard though, I put them on another Stag Arms AR that had a fixed handguard with an A2 FSB.

IMG_0199[762].jpg
IMG_0194[761].jpg

Original handguard was this one

0CCDADAE-031A-4142-A084-32DFEB3F310D.jpg

Disassembled Stag Arms rifle before adding PSA free float handguard.

64212896157__24D948BE-0D32-4149-AE0F-8D559B151604[777].jpg

Put back together along side the 17 Design IFLR. Still need to get a MI A2 front sight but that's another $90 or so, I'm in no hurry!

IMG_0192[779].jpg

Last edited:

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have been waiting weeks for the optic and mount, but finally finished it today. I feel like this is the ultimate build for me, I have had quite a few ARs and this one was built based on what I liked and didn’t like from my other rifles.

BCM 14.5” mid length gas upper
BCM MOD 1 comp
BCM bolt carrier group
Trijicon MRO
LaRue QD mount
Radian Raptor charging handle
CMMG lower parts kit
CMMG ambi safety
Wilson Combat Trigger
BCM pistol grip
BCM vertical grip
PWS lightweight buffer tube
B5 Sopmod stock
Magpul rail covers

BA50E5D5-C955-4D71-AC23-DC976C721127.jpeg

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have been waiting weeks for the optic and mount, but finally finished it today. I feel like this is the ultimate build for me, I have had quite a few ARs and this one was built based on what I liked and didn’t like from my other rifles.

BCM 14.5” mid length gas upper
BCM MOD 1 comp
BCM bolt carrier group
Trijicon MRO
LaRue QD mount
Radian Raptor charging handle
CMMG lower parts kit
CMMG ambi safety
Wilson Combat Trigger
BCM pistol grip
BCM vertical grip
PWS lightweight buffer tube
B5 Sopmod stock
Magpul rail covers

View attachment 206408
Very nicely done. I have been toying around with doing a LaRue build on one of. my billet lowers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom