OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning all, sure hope some of you can come to the ENS at Big Boys on June 29th. Details are in the Gun Range section. Starts at 10 am. PM me if you need more info, sure would like to meet some of ya'll.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1553267404298.png

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After today, any posting on forums will have to take place mostly of an evening, so don't expect to see "pics of the day" show up in the mornings.

Lake Carl Etling State Park - Near Kenton, OK - I remember them "building" the lake when I was young. They had a raft made from some metal barrels and wood to cross the channel with, and a friend and I used to get that raft out into the middle of the lake and swim off of it. Back then, those islands weren't visible. Lake is way down in this photo.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evening folks,
Just came back up to the lake house here on Grand to do some more clean up. The water has dropped 2 feet since Tuesday.

We were up here last weekend and the water had receded enough for me to get a dump load of 3 inch rock brought in and spread under our carport. We left Saturday night and with all the storms Saturday and Sunday it the water lever came up 3 feet. It was worse that ever.
We have been coming up here pretty much every weekend for the past 36 days cleaning up one flood after the other.

The wife and I checked into buying a aqua dam. We may have one by next spring. It's really our only option for when the lake rises and floods everything.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evening folks,
Just came back up to the lake house here on Grand to do some more clean up. The water has dropped 2 feet since Tuesday.

We were up here last weekend and the water had receded enough for me to get a dump load of 3 inch rock brought in and spread under our carport. We left Saturday night and with all the storms Saturday and Sunday it the water lever came up 3 feet. It was worse that ever.
We have been coming up here pretty much every weekend for the past 36 days cleaning up one flood after the other.

The wife and I checked into buying a aqua dam. We may have one by next spring. It's really our only option for when the lake rises and floods everything.
What is an Aqua Dam? Never heard of one.
For the record, our water well test came back with e coli after 26 days of no drinking water at the house.
We will sanitize again and resubmit a test.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is an Aqua Dam? Never heard of one.
For the record, our water well test came back with e coli after 26 days of no drinking water at the house.
We will sanitize again and resubmit a test.

https://www.aquadam.net

That sucks. May have to pour a couple gallons down and let it recirculate longer sit longer to kill that stuff off. I know you went over what you did with it but tired and can't find it. Did you pump it down real good before disinfecting?

And for others who may not know http://www.fosterwelldrilling.com/sanitizing-wells.htm is basically what needs to be done. The numbers in there are a pretty good reference as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom