OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks... Spent some time with her today. She is not fully coherent but when she is she is refusing food and water. Her O2 is running in the 70's when she doesn't keep her supplemental on. Tonight when she was trying to drive her bed around thinking she was in her power chair I went down and let the nurse know it was a good time to give her meds to her. Since she has a peg tube that means it has to be mixed with water so she at least got a little bit that she didn't refuse.

Sounds like she is ready to go. My mom prayed every night toward the end to be taken because she couldn't take the pain any more. Her prayers were answered a few days later.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like she is ready to go. My mom prayed every night toward the end to be taken because she couldn't take the pain any more. Her prayers were answered a few days later.

She is and has been. She does not want the peg tube and I know she was not all there when that happened. I don't know if her sister pushed her for it or what but it has not been long and she just not happy about it. There was not much that I could do about it but I also know that dehydrating yourself to death is not going to be pleasant. Not eating is one thing and her blood pressure is running around 170/80 and that is even with a medication to bring it down so I know the aneurysm is likely leaking or at the very least getting larger which is making it hard for her to breathe. If she wants to go refusing the blood pressure med is probably the faster and easier way to do it compared to not having water.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening gang,
We came up to the lake house this afternoon to get ready for the 4th of July festivities with the family starting tomorrow. We will be smoking, grilling, drinking, swimming and boating the next 4 days.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got our place cleaned up last weekend from the floods. It's looking much better now.
We are ready for the 4th.

Lakehouse 4th.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a while to check in and inform what we are doing. We've now left Oklahoma and are headed towards Indiana in our new job. Currently, we are staying in a hotel in Springfield, MO and are not happy campers. The A/C won't regulate and was freezing us out. I finally just reached up and shut off the power. On top of that, the small Keurig coffee machine in the room doesn't work.

Fortunately, the company we work for wants us to stay in good hotels, largely to insure that the company vehicle is in a safe area and is in a well lit parking lot. It is that here, but we learned a thing or two today. One, Steak and Shake sucks. Two, this major hotel chain won't be getting us back unless there is nothing else in the city we are working from.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we have had great weather up here on Grand all weekend except yesterday.

We had quite the storm surprise yesterday. A bunch of us was out on the lake when the storm starting rolling in. I got a alert from my phone and started to head in. We were the first boat to make it back the marina. The winds were so strong that it pinned us up against the marina and it took 6 guys to get us into the slip.
One of our friends boats was damaged pretty bad and another one sank. The people got out and was picked up.
On top is all of that there was a huge water spout right behind us as we were trying to get my boat in the slip.
It was crazy. 30 minute later it was over and back to bright and sunny.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We had quite the storm surprise yesterday. A bunch of us was out on the lake when the storm starting rolling in. I got a alert from my phone and started to head in. We were the first boat to make it back the marina. The winds were so strong that it pinned us up against the marina and it took 6 guys to get us into the slip.
One of our friends boats was damaged pretty bad and another one sank. The people got out and was picked up.
On top is all of that there was a huge water spout right behind us as we were trying to get my boat in the slip.
Yikes, glad everybody is okay.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Man, that’s crazy. Glad you guys are ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom