OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a while to check in and inform what we are doing. We've now left Oklahoma and are headed towards Indiana in our new job. Currently, we are staying in a hotel in Springfield, MO and are not happy campers. The A/C won't regulate and was freezing us out. I finally just reached up and shut off the power. On top of that, the small Keurig coffee machine in the room doesn't work.

Fortunately, the company we work for wants us to stay in good hotels, largely to insure that the company vehicle is in a safe area and is in a well lit parking lot. It is that here, but we learned a thing or two today. One, Steak and Shake sucks. Two, this major hotel chain won't be getting us back unless there is nothing else in the city we are working from.
I recommend the La Quinta off of 44 by the airport on Kearney St. I've been there many times. Kearney Street Cafe is a local choke and puke but has really great goulash.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1562472622001.png

John Gebhardt's wife, Mindy, said that this little girl's entire family was executed. The insurgents intended to execute the little girl also, and shot her in the head...but they failed to kill her. She was cared for in John's hospital and is healing up, but continues to cry and moan. The nurses said John is the only one who seems to calm her down, so John has spent the last four nights holding her while they both slept in that chair. The girl is coming along with her healing.

He is a real Star of the war, and represents what America is trying to do.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just an observation ---

I bought a bag of red, white, and blue M&M's because they were on sale. And it may just be me, but the white M&M's just seem to taste, well, different. May just be a mind set because there's not supposed to be white M&M's. Still...………

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: Wife and I made it to Elkhart, IN about 8:00 pm after about 12 hours of traveling. In that 12 hours, we were in three different states, but to add to that, we also went through 3 different "countries" in the same 12 hours...

...Peru, Mexico, and Cuba.

Bet y'all didn't know one could drive to Cuba, did'ya?

Tomorrow will start out with maintenance on the van, because it needs an oil change and the diesel fuel filter changed as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update: Wife and I made it to Elkhart, IN about 8:00 pm after about 12 hours of traveling. In that 12 hours, we were in three different states, but to add to that, we also went through 3 different "countries" in the same 12 hours...

...Peru, Mexico, and Cuba.

Bet y'all didn't know one could drive to Cuba, did'ya?

Tomorrow will start out with maintenance on the van, because it needs an oil change and the diesel fuel filter changed as well.

What exactly is it your doing with that van?
I've been to Paris and Moscow in one day......Texas.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What exactly is it your doing with that van?
I've been to Paris and Moscow in one day......Texas.

Driving it...

...all kidding aside, I drive the van on the highways and the wife operates the computers, checking all kinds of information on three different computers. Those computers are "fed" information from lasers and cameras to "collect" data on the condition of the highway's surface, the road in front, and to each side of the road. Once all is "processed" back in Oklahoma and Costa Rica, it all goes to the Department of Transportation of the contracting states for analysis of what their roads, guardrails, paint strips, signs, etc., that need the attention of the Department.

Latest posts

Top Bottom