OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SamuelWhittemore_png-1095082.jpg

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was just sitting here surfing the forum, then...……...POW, WHAM, KABLOOIE!! Thought that someone had run their car through my garage door! Turns out the tension spring decided that it was giving up the fight. Lasted 13 years. I even lubed it occasionally to eliminate any friction. That's first one I've ever had to break on me. Guess I'm lucky --- or not.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had two. Both were at the most inopportune moments. I talked with a garage door fixer guy while he was garage door fixin. Told me some scary stories. One about his son that thought he knew what he was doing while tensioning a spring.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whittemore must have been a great great grandparent of Chuck Norris and John McClane. He was a bad Q#$^#$%@#

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Whittemore

Battles of Lexington and Concord
On April 19, 1775, British forces were returning to Boston from the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the opening engagements of the war. On their march, they were executing American citizens, and were being fired at by American militiamen.

Whittemore was in his fields when he spotted an approaching British relief brigade under Earl Percy, sent to assist the retreat. Whittemore loaded his musket and ambushed the British Grenadiers of the 47th Regiment of Foot from behind a nearby stone wall, killing one soldier. He then drew his dueling pistols, killed a second grenadier and mortally wounded a third. By the time Whittemore had fired his third shot, a British detachment had reached his position; Whittemore drew his sword and attacked.[7] He was subsequently shot in the face, bayoneted numerous times, and left for dead in a pool of blood. He was found by colonial forces, trying to load his musket to resume the fight. He was taken to Dr. Cotton Tufts of Medford, who perceived no hope for his survival. However, Whittemore recovered and lived another 18 years until dying of natural causes at the age of 98(see reference notes for explanation regarding ages given).[2][9]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was just sitting here surfing the forum, then...……...POW, WHAM, KABLOOIE!! Thought that someone had run their car through my garage door! Turns out the tension spring decided that it was giving up the fight. Lasted 13 years. I even lubed it occasionally to eliminate any friction. That's first one I've ever had to break on me. Guess I'm lucky --- or not.

Spring broke on my garage door in the shop. I had to take screws out of the siding and open up a way to get inside because the garage door was jammed solid. Garage door is the only access to that shop building.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is one thing that I won't be fixing myself. Call'n a pro-fess-n-al in the morning.

Saw something myself a couple weeks ago that I don't want to deal with. A stump grinder. The guy who was running the thing had the wrong belt and made his own teeth for it of which a couple busted while grinding but that thing spun up and nearly jerked him off his feet a couple times when it would bite in. I would rather run a chain saw than that piece of equipment.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I happen to know a person that is wanting to sell a couple of older Colt AR-15's with the standard non-adjust stocks, an Armalite AR-18 (1977), and an HK 93. If there's any interest, send me a PM. I could help 'facilitate' the transfer.

Didn't really know where to put this since I'm not the one that has these.

Latest posts

Top Bottom