OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
DSCN3183.JPG
DSCN3161.JPG
DSCN3176.JPG
DSCN3178.JPG
DSCN3179.JPG

Beginning ...

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thought I would post these vacation pics here. The represent to me certainly the past but the future too. The Arizona Memorial has closed and is remaining closed indefinitely. I was amazed the beginning of WWII and the ending of WWII was in one spot in Hawaii. The sailors in white onboard the Missouri are Japanese. They were taking the tour and were very respectful.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fantastic! Where'd you go?
Drove down to San Antonio and met up with my friend and stayed there a couple nights then we left out and drove to Galveston and got on the ship. First stop was Cozumel, Mexico second was Georgetown, Cayman Islands and final stop was Falmouth, Jamaica. Then two days at sea on the way back to Galveston. Got back into cell service around 5:30 in the morning (I couldn't sleep for some reason) but didn't make it to the car till around 10:00. Seems the guy watching the dog twisted his knee so rather than crashing for a few hours at my friends place I had to head straight home. Got in around 11:30 pm.

In Cozumel I ended up about 70 feet under water for about an hour total time between two dives. In Georgetown I did SNUBA with my friend since she is not dive certified and spent another half an hour under water but at around 20 feet max depth. She had said she would only go ten feet down and didn't even realize she was at full depth so not she wants to get certified to actually dive. I have video from both and basically just let the camera run the full time so I need to sit down and edit the video and dump the junk but figured it was better this way than to have to try and turn it back on and start recording. Met up with my wife's aunt in Jamaica and talked for a while then went to a place called Scotchies and had some real jerk chicken and pork with a DG Champagne Kola.

Trip was mostly good but my back was killing me near the end. Took something for it and between that, possibly something not agreeing with my stomach, and 12 to 14 foot swells I ended up seasick. Spent most of the last day just sitting around after I attempted to fill a trash can with the contents of my stomach. I would still do it all again though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom