OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@NightShade - want to be certain you saw this -

Need to check with the local
Post office and see if someone turned in a change of address. When someone passes away and there is no court appointed trustee or executor the mail for that person is normally endorsed as deceased and returned to sender. If someone turned in a change of address for the same last name and checked entire family on the form you’re mail could be forwarded without your knowledge. They can stop that if that’s what happened. Sorry for all your troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need to check with the local
Post office and see if someone turned in a change of address. When someone passes away and there is no court appointed trustee or executor the mail for that person is normally endorsed as deceased and returned to sender. If someone turned in a change of address for the same last name and checked entire family on the form you’re mail could be forwarded without your knowledge. They can stop that if that’s what happened. Sorry for all your troubles.

I been getting dead folks mail for 3 years since I bought this house. I have return to sender stamper and not and No Longer at this Address stamps. Then I send them back. Is there something I can do at the post office to get the to not send this crap to me?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I been getting dead folks mail for 3 years since I bought this house. I have return to sender stamper and not and No Longer at this Address stamps. Then I send them back. Is there something I can do at the post office to get the to not send this crap to me?

Write deceased across the envelope covering the address. That is a lazy carrier not endorsing it and returning it as they are supposed to. If that doesn’t fix it, call their supervisor. Or....just throw it in the trash.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gimme some of that. I have the same problem. Mail carriers today don't even care anymore.

I meant to post this awhile ago but got interrupted. I have written deceased multiple times. It does not work.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the Crossroads Mall thing today...one area was a "gun show", another a toy show, and upstairs a flea market. Sounds awesome...wasnt all that great.

I did pick up a bunch of Hot Wheels 5 packs for $2 ea for the toy drive at work....a few cars for myself....and the "gun show" was quite disappointing. I am glad I went for the toy show and not the gun show.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's too bad about the Crossroads Mall shows. He started out with a good plan. $10 tables and $5 admission. Good parking, pretty nice venue inside. I had heard that some of the other promoters worked against him.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Already went to the post office and checked in. They don't have anything locally showing but the person who I talked to said she just got back and wasn't in the system to check more. Have to stop or all them on Monday to see if they can check for information. I already know the deceased trick though. Had to use it a few times with mail I kept getting for someone else. At one point I just went to the mailbox with a black magic marker in hand to send a bunch back. But I have a feeling they just marked whole family just to be jackwagons and they have no reason to do so. I still receive mail in my wife's name that needs to come to me so I can handle stuff not to mention my own mail.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An elderly (yeah, even older than me) woman moved in just down the street a couple of years ago. She, or somebody acting on her behalf, reversed the last two digits of her street address when she changed her address. SO ... guess who was getting her mail?!?!?! I marked it 'Not at this address,' talked to the mail carrier, talked to the post office, hand delivered some of her mail and talked to her about the error. I thought it was all taken care of and, then, today ... BINGO! More of her mail in my box. I corrected the address on the envelope with a bold red felt tip pen. I'm putting it back in my mail box Monday. I don't really care what happens at this point.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to the Crossroads Mall thing today...one area was a "gun show", another a toy show, and upstairs a flea market. Sounds awesome...wasnt all that great.

I did pick up a bunch of Hot Wheels 5 packs for $2 ea for the toy drive at work....a few cars for myself....and the "gun show" was quite disappointing. I am glad I went for the toy show and not the gun show.
Got any sixties toys there?

Latest posts

Top Bottom