OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived in Fresno, CA, I always bought the year access to the National Parks. I spent a lot of time in the backcountry of Sequoia NP & Kings Canyon NP. Also some time in Yosemite NP and Arches in Utah. Didn't have much use for the 'touristy' spots, though.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, is no one else going to be chatting here?

Mystic Falls - Yellowstone National Park - 2002

I just dont know whether to post here or in General Discussions. Not that I just shoot the bull that much anyway...all bidness, ain’t got time for fun and games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived in Fresno, CA, I always bought the year access to the National Parks. I spent a lot of time in the backcountry of Sequoia NP & Kings Canyon NP. Also some time in Yosemite NP and Arches in Utah. Didn't have much use for the 'touristy' spots, though.

Lots of back country in southern Utah. There are even nice areas around the rim of the Grand Canyon that are away from lots of people. One in particular is a place called Toroweap. Not so many people go out there. It is roughly 60 miles or so from major roads and one is cautioned about the roads tearing up one's tires. Some recommended tire plugs and a 12-volt air compressor if one went out there. When we first got out there, there was only one other couple, and they were off elsewhere. They were camping out there. Others showed up just before we left, but it was only a group of about 25 or 30 doing some kind of club thing.

Here's a photo taken at Toroweap. I didn't get the kind of photo that I like to get because it was really windy that day and the wife wouldn't let me get within about 20 feet of the edge of the rim. The black looking slide, kind of in the foreground, is from volcanic action and created some of the most hazardous rapids on the Colorado River. The slide is referred to as "Lava Falls."

Another, looking up river.

Lava Falls rapids seen in this image.

Latest posts

Top Bottom