OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished up the Montgomery, AL area for road surveys today, so we will head back to Oklahoma tomorrow for the wife to get to her medical appointments. After finishing the last records we needed to do, I took some pictures as we headed back to the hotel for the day. While working a road the other day, I saw this "place" from a bridge, so we stopped there today and I got some shots. The "tower" at the water's edge doesn't seem to be associated with the old industrial building beyond it. I have no idea what the "tower" is, and searching online doesn't seem to turn up anything.

Some other pictures I took were of the Kudzu vine that is invasive here in the south. Here is a small example of the vine taking over other trees or poles. While I was taking the pictures, the wife told me to "not stand too lone in one place." She didn't want Kudzu getting ahold of me.

If weather holds, we should be able to finish working Alabama in about 3 weeks after we return from the wife's medical appointments.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good afternoon guys,

We just had the last of our family leave to go home. It was one busy weekend.
The last four days have consisted of:
1. Me cooking everyone breakfast on the Blackstone.
2. Heading out on the water tubing and anchoring at the cliffs swimming and floating and drinking all afternoon.
3. Coming in and me cooking dinner on the Blackstone and drinking.
4. Everybody loading back on the boat to go out and watch the sunset and yes, drinking.
5. Hanging out on the deck cutting up and drinking until the wee hours.
So it was on continuous party with about 3 to 4 hours of sleep each night.

The new boat was and is amazing. Everyone loved it and the Blackstone did not disappoint.

I will try to get caught up tonight to see how everybody’s weekend went.

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How I spent my summer in Wyoming.
9559377F-CEE5-4474-B155-C67542C39750.jpeg

Took a tour of the old territorial penitentiary in Rawlings Wy.

56925FFB-DAFE-420E-AEC3-9F78F593D5B3.jpeg

This is the gas chamber after quitting the hanging process that didn’t work so well. 6 of 9 that were hung, strangled vs getting their neck snapped. A couple were hauled back up, weights added to them and dropped again.

E8CA9215-8327-4EFD-80A5-9D99297460F1.jpeg

the little hole behind the top of the chair is where the Dr stethoscope tube was ran that was taped to the convicts chest so the Dr could determine when he could declare the convict dead.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 212529

View attachment 212530
This is the gas chamber after quitting the hanging process that didn’t work so well. 6 of 9 that were hung, strangled vs getting their neck snapped. A couple were hauled back up, weights added to them and dropped again.

View attachment 212531
the little hole behind the top of the chair is where the Dr stethoscope tube was ran that was taped to the convicts chest so the Dr could determine when he could declare the convict dead.
You look right at home behind bars.............:laugh6:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I made it back to Oklahoma this morning, just in time to have burgers at Braum's followed by ice cream.

Her stress test is at 9:00 am tomorrow and then a follow up a week later. Then we go back to Alabama to finish our work.
Hey Terry,
Glad you and the wife made it back safely. Hope the test goes well for her in the morning.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 212529

View attachment 212530

View attachment 212531

The next time you are up around Canon City, CO, look up their prison museum over on the western side of town and right next to that prison facility.

Canon City's Colorado Territorial Prison Images

Weapons confiscated from inmates.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The next time you are up around Canon City, CO, look up their prison museum over on the western side of town and right next to that prison facility.

Canon City's Colorado Territorial Prison Images

Weapons confiscated from inmates.

There was a similar display of home made shanks that prisoners made at Rawlings. Should have taken some pics. Pretty interesting how large some of them were.

In Manila Utah today touring the Flaming Gorge named by the red rocks that are along the gorge. 91 mile long lake.
84ED3B7B-C11F-47FA-8E2B-E8027B5D8356.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom