OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There was a similar display of home made shanks that prisoners made at Rawlings. Should have taken some pics. Pretty interesting how large some of them were.

In Manila Utah today touring the Flaming Gorge named by the red rocks that are along the gorge. 91 mile long lake.View attachment 212833
I wonder how many miles of shoreline a 91 mile long lake has..........a gorge would have lots of side tributaries to explore......a boater dream.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder how many miles of shoreline a 91 mile long lake has..........a gorge would have lots of side tributaries to explore......a boater dream.
The lake is 400’ deep in places. Not many coves though unlike Lake Powell that has coves running many miles away from the main body of the lake. That lake is impressive with the geology one can see from a boat.
Oklahomas own Grand Lake has almost as much shoreline than the distance between Maine and the tip of Florida.
The Pensacola Dam on Grand is noted as the longest multi-arch dam located in the world.
The air travel distance between the tip of Maine to the tip of Florida is equal to 1,383 miles.
Grand Lake has 1300 miles of shoreline, so there is lots of exploring on that lake. 😁

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Following poppa's footsteps.. Pushing 6 ft and just finished about 1/2 dozen eggs, it's a healthy outfit..

Attachments

• 20210709_195801 (1).jpg
    20210709_195801 (1).jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 51

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heya guys! Just checking in -- everybody's asleep but me and the cat ... He's old (21, 22, somewhere in there) and banged up, too, so be feels my pain lol. Sigh ...
Well I'm still up! Fighting some shoulder pain and it's been difficult to get to sleep lately. Hopefully you and your cat are both out like a light now.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
Well yesterday I missed my step coming off the boat and fell straight down between toe boat and the dock. I hit so hard, I broke one of the deck boards. I have either bruised or cracked a couple of ribs. I am super sore today. Even hurts to breath. Oh well, It’s part of Lake Life. Gotta love it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
Well yesterday I missed my step coming off the boat and fell straight down between toe boat and the dock. I hit so hard, I broke one of the deck boards. I have either bruised or cracked a couple of ribs. I am super sore today. Even hurts to breath. Oh well, It’s part of Lake Life. Gotta love it.

Damn dude!! And I thought I was the graceful one of this bunch! **winkwink**

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys,
Good thing your tough....I bet you've had worse cuts on your lip and never stopped whistling......Way to suck it up and soldier on....!!!

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and I took a trip down to the ranch early this morning. We took my new 5th wheel down and got it set up so I can have a nice place to rest my tired old body.....here are a few pic's...I'm lucky that my brother has a new dodge 3/4 ton diesel Ram to move it with....thanks bro...!!!

Attachments

• SANY0127.JPG
    SANY0127.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 40
  • SANY0128.JPG
    SANY0128.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 36
  • SANY0129.JPG
    SANY0129.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 37
  • SANY0130.JPG
    SANY0130.JPG